Friday, October 29, 2004

Yay the end of the week is here again..!

The damn winter is so setting in, damn it! Officially its still autumn, well at least according to my NZ season calculations where spring begins on Sept. 1st and goes through to the end of November. Which should mean that Japan's autumn finishes at the same time... But no, its been freakin' cold in the mornings and evenings, like I think down to 3 degrees. That is ridiculus! I have even brought out the ol' toyu (kerosene) heater for the mornings. When I cranked it up last night to test it out, oh how the sufficating, smelly, gasy memories of last winter flooded back! And there is still months to go...can't wait for my first trip to the petrol station with my big blue tank wedged into my basket, to fill up. Then I'll get home, and start pumping the kerosene into that little tank that will fit snuggly into the heater for another few days of warmth..! Oh, I bet you girls who left are jealous!!

Today I'm at Omine High, and it's actually been rather good, great even. I have been way productive in my breaks by studying, and the 4 lessons have been fun where students actually seemed to be enjoying themselves! EVEN the 2nd year students!! We did a Halloween Scrambled Pumpkins thing, and a crossword. One of the clues was 'a scary thing that says boo', so after they worked out that it was ghost, I asked what ghosts say in Japan... this lead to me saying we sometimes say they go 'wooooooooooooo' (you know that ghosty sound?), but then some cracked up and said it sounds like a fire engine! So I cracked up, and one girl goes "kawaii!!", so I went red, and we laugh more and she says "kawaii!!" again!! Gotta love that! Actually I do, cos it is so better than them sitting around like stunned mullets, being rude and obnoxious!!

Right better go and get enthusiastic with the English Club...now they are a bunch of lifeless so and soes!! I am certain they have joined the English club solely because they are inside, can leave after an hour (or less), and don't have to be running around practicing a physical activity for 2 or 3 hours every day!! After that Osamu and Heather are coming to Asa for night on the town (!?), since Osamu claims that he has no friends to do things with ...poor boy...! Look out for the weekend report on Sunday or Monday, especially since I forgot last weekends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home