Saturday, September 04, 2004

Back in the Guch!

Well...it's been nearly a week since I got back. It doesn't even really feel like I left...! Which is good, but I do notice that some of you girls aren't here!

There was a little drama coming back last Sunday. Remember I was worried about the weather delaying my Chch to Auckland flight, so I would miss my Japan flight...well, I didn't miss it. But when I arrive at the airport, with sun shining, thinking everything would be fine...the guy said, the plane would be delayed 25 mins. I was okay with that, but then the time got longer, and the weather got worse...and I got freaked out! I was crying, and so worried, and everyone was just making jokes at me for being irrational!

Anyway, the plane left at 11.15am-ish, which meant I arrived in Auckland at about 12.30, and I had to start checking in at 12.15..! My friend Mark was waiting for me when I arrived, and by the time my luggage came thru, we got to international, and I waited in line for ages to check-in, it was 1.15pm...the time the person suggested I go thru custom!! Man, I was so rushed and felt really bad that Mark came to the airport to see me off, and I only saw him for about 15 mins!

So that was leaving NZ!! Then Singapore was very lovely. I was there from 9.30pm - 1 am, so I had a shower, and then slept of these nice lounger seat things! Such a good transit airport! So...I boarded my flight to Fukuoka, and the pilot told us that a typhoon (number 16) was approaching Japan!! I knew my weather worries weren't irrational! So, if the plane couldn't land, we would go to Korea! But we got down, bumpily, but safely at 8am-ish! I was kinda laughing cos all these Japanese people were screaming (a little), and then they cheered when we made it down!

Thinking my travel woes were over...I got the bus to Hakata, only to be told that there was one more shinkansen leaving - a Hikari...! You know what that means, I was going to end up in Ogori, not Asa! So I was trying to buy a ticket, but was told to go up to the gate for it...weird. But then once I got there, the shinkansen was coming (early) and I got on the esculator, not carrying my luggage cos it was heavy, and before I knew it, these railway workers were running up behind me, struggling with my luggage, and practically throwing me on the shinkansen! Honestly, they grabbed me, and ran me onto the train! Taihen deshita!!

So I was on the train, it was going slowly, I guess it my get picked up by the wind if it was going fast..? Then I got to Shin-Yamaguchi, when downstairs and asked if there was a train running...No! So thinking I was in for a long wait, I prepared to sit down and read my book. But then they said the Kodama was running back the other way! SO I had to pay more to get home, which I did by 11.30am!

So sorry Abra and Mary, you missed the typhoon that finally did hit! It was a pretty big one, not too much damage or chaos in the Guch, but in Kyushu a few people died and are missing, and buildings blown down. Oh and I saw on the news yesterday that a lighthouse got knocked down by waves!!

I've been at the office all week...same old same old! Was meant to have school yesterday at Omine High, but it was cancelled! Off to a good start! It's weird, I knew my schedule was changing, but until April, I go to hardly any of my old schools, but have two new Junior Highs (I knew about these), and about 4 new elementary schools (didn't know about these). So I don't know if I will go to my old junior highs again or not...

Ok, have to go, shower and that kinda stuff...going to Hiroshima tonight, going to pull an all-nighter...hopefully can make it!

2 Comments:

At 6/9/04 2:31 pm, Blogger Abra said...

good luck in hiro. wish i could be there!

 
At 9/9/04 2:43 pm, Blogger Selene said...

Oh Abra! Oh how I miss thee! Fun times were had in Hiro...saw some of the old regulars...including Meag's score, who ended up being in Fukuoka that time! He was gutted to learn Meag had returned to the home land! Thought he was in obviously..."yeah he did!!" Oh...
So saw you're numbers on Jo's blog...I'll be calling you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home