Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Typhoon #21

Yes, you read right. Another typhoon is here. I didn't think it was actually going to get us, and Louise told me that it was scheduled for Friday. It is actually here today, while I'm at Ube High. Every other school in possibly the whole of Asa-gun has closed. We are still here. The wind and rain is battering the poor old school, and we stay. Earlier the PA system bing-bonged, and all the students (and teachers for that matter), got excited thinking the principal would say 'go home'. But no, he just told us that parts of the walls and roof in the judo/kendo hall were blowing off, so be careful!! Outrageous!

So worse case scenario is that the Ube line will stop and we will just have to hang out at school until we can get home. Definitely not what I'm hoping for. I would leave now and flag English club, there's no way I'm going out in that weather!

Before I sign off. English Speech contest update. It was ok, disappointingly there were no Freddie the Falling Leaf's. But 5 Mrs Evans on the Titanic! And about 3-4 of The Spider's Thread. I really don't like that one, it's long and boring. One of the students I coached the day before got 2nd...But really, it wasn't just me who thought she deserved it...honestly! Then to top it off, last year we got ¥10,000...this year I only got travel expenses! Damn, especially since I was only on the train for 5 minutes. But in saying that I did have a really yummy bento, so I shouldn't be so ungrateful and complain!

Right must go. Turrah for now!

4 Comments:

At 5/10/04 6:34 am, Blogger Abra said...

thanks for the pics, even though they made me sad!

 
At 5/10/04 3:05 pm, Blogger J said...

i particularly enjoyed the different views of the typhoon and the assortment of photos with the flash on, and then agian with the flash off...

 
At 5/10/04 4:21 pm, Blogger Selene said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/10/04 4:22 pm, Blogger Selene said...

Thanks Jo, I too enjoyed taking those particular shots!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home