Friday, September 24, 2004

It's been a while...

I haven't blogged for ages...so unlike me! But now I have a few minutes in my busy day to update y'all!

Last weekend, the 3 dayer, was quiet, as planned. Friday night I can't remember what I did, Saturday Tomoko came over and we went to the bike shop to get my bike fixed (yay, it doesn't wobble now, and the gears are fixed!), and then we went to Shimonoseki and I got a new keitai! Twas sad, but as soon as the weather became the slightest bit un-summery, my keitai stopped making sounds and I had to do the "Sorry, I can't hear you, I"ll call you back on my home phone!" line! But thankfully with the help of Tomoko the keitai went from being 7500 yen, to 3000 yen! Yay, you just need to be Japanese and be able to ask how it can be cheaper, and then the yen just drop off! So my new keitai is very exciting... the same as my old one, except newer, so the features are different, and BETTER!! It is silver. It has that infra-red info sending thing, so you can zap your photos and phonebook stuff to other keitais, and it has a remote control for TVs and Videos! Ok, well I can't get it to work on my TV, but it's still cool that it's there! After that excitement, we met the Shimonoseki girls for a drink. Monday, I went to a teacher's and had a lovely day with her, her husband and their 2 1/2 year old girl. Oh so cute, definitely akachan-omiyage material, and she already knows some English! Bonus!

Today, I am at Omine High, and god I am so glad tomorrow's the weekend! On Wednesday after Ube High, I went to Tokuyama for Jimmy's birthday. Since I was late finishing and other reasons unknown to even me, I barely had anything to eat. Then I ended up drinking lots, first at the Irish bar, and then 5 hours at karaoke... There wasn't even drunken shenanigans, just civilised sitting/standing around drinking/yarning/drinking/singing/drinking....! So I finished the night feeling like shit! Then in the morning the plan was for me to meet Louise in Ube to go shopping, meaning I would leave Tokuyama at 10am. You know the effect Tokuyama has on me! I was one sick Selene! Gerard got up at 9am-ish, planning to leave, and Rei then realised she'd lost her bag, so that delayed them. I was just simply delayed...so very very sick. Worse Meag than after St Pat's party! I think it was the worst hangover since Bangkok! I was so sick...at Jimmy's, on the bus, on the train, at You-me Town... Not a happy day team! And side note to Meagan, kept missing the bag still! Through out the whole experience though, I was so discreet, no one even knew... I think! Oh and Louise, bless the girl, before I even texted to ask, had packed a selection of hangover drugs for me!

So yeah, fun times, and I have to say my big night has slightly dampened my plans for the weekend. Of course, I will be drinking tomorrow night, I mean it's Fukuoka, and it'd be rude not too! But Selene won't be drinking tonight, as planned, and I will be taking it easier than usual in Fukuoka! Famous last words, I will let you know how I go...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home