Wednesday, September 15, 2004

More stuff...

Well, it seems the ol' laptop is dead. Possibly not going to get fixed, well at least not in Japan. Gutted, yes, but also resigned, and accepting that there ain't much one can do! I think I will be forking out for a new computer, even though I haven' t yet paid Mum back for this one! Damn it! So here I am faithfully updating the blog at Ube High. Good entry today Jo, nice updating of the blog!

So this week I had my first Dentist experience! I hate the dentist, no matter what country I'm in (much like Meag fears the hairdresser maybe!?). So, of course I went twice at home so I wouldn't have to go through the trauma, but little did I know that a filling would fall out when I least expected it! So I went across the road to Marukyu and into the Cosmo Clinic there... Very nice it was, and I'm not sure what my worry was! Though it wasn't major surgery I was still concerned what they might do to me! It crossed my mind that the filling fell out cos my tooth was rotting, but since it was the very back top tooth, I thought that if they get all Japanese on me and pull it out, well no one would know cos you can't see it! But I was in and out within 30 minutes, and they even tried to show me on a wee camera thing (until the battery went flat after a few minutes), which they put in my mouth there concerns about another tooth that might begin to get sore...at which point I should go back! So now no fear...until I actually need that major dental surgery...

This weekend is a three dayer... Friday night I'm going to go drink with Tomoko and her bro I think. Monday I'm going to a teachers...the old 'use the AET to come speak English to my small children trick'. I haven't filled in the gaps yet...maybe I will do nothing, as must save money!

Also trying to sort out Christmas holiday...It's a mission. Thus far, Jo, Gerard and I are going to Vietnam. Cambodia was on the plan but it's getting more and more unlikely... It's proving to be more expensive than I thought it might be, but I think we might be getting somewhere...me hopes! Looks like it is cheaper to fly to Bangkok then onto Ho Chi Minh City, so there might be a couple more 'one night in Bangkok's! I'm sure we'll work things out eventually...!

Ok, might go read, or email, or do other stuff! Hope you girls at your respective countries are doing good. Gambare with the job hunting/exam studying and taking/friend making (if it's necessary!?)! Ja ne!

1 Comments:

At 15/9/04 6:00 pm, Blogger J said...

well we may be meeting up on sat night for drinks, though not sure when...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home