Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Where is the love...?

It appears I've been forgotten..! I'm sure I'm meant to have class now (well 20 mins ago) with the annoying teacher at Ube High. I arrived at 8.10am after leaving my house at the God foresaken hour of 7.20am. I kept going to the teachers' room to see if he's there but no, so I return to the English Teachers' room and hang out... Just before the 2nd period bell I go looking again, but I see him going down the stairs! Not exactly looking prepared to teach with the AET, so I think why bother chasing! Nice to know I'm wanted and needed to teach the youth of Japan how to be better English speakers...

So my new computer arrived on Friday night! So exciting! I like to think I know what I'm doing on a computer, so I play around and try changing things, removing things...I think I'm going to lose something important soon, so I am going to stop playing around so much... The computer has come at a bad time though cos I'm meant to be studying for the Proficiency test on December 5th... study is so not coming along well, thanks to mindlessly filling hours playing on my new computer... That will have to stop!

This weekend is looking pretty busy... Louise and I are judging a speech competition in Ube. It is the Yamaguchi Commercial High Schools Competition, so hopefully we get paid!! Oops, of course I don't expect renummeration (check that big word!), I do it out of the kindness of my AET heart! Then after that we are all off to the Halloween party in Yanai. I won't go into the details of my costume now I will wait til I have been to the party and have stories to accompany the image!

Well, I better go, I think the class I am meant to be in is nearly finished so I should head back to the teachers' room, and look gutted that I was left out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home