Monday, October 18, 2004

What a weekend!

Firstly, it appears that I've been missed! Ah, how nice, but I'm back to blog, and at the end of the week I will have a computer again I hope so then I can blog away til my hearts content, and you'll all be sick of the shit that comes out of my brain! (that was a really long sentence...)

So yeah, this weekend was the soccer tournament Tsuna, on Awaji-shima, over by Kobe. The Guch has gone three times now, and in April Mary and I went as the only two faithful supporters. It was so fun, and of course for all the cheering that we did, the team came a respectable 2nd last! This time however, there were six supporters (you forgot one Jo!), and we really went to town! On the way home last time, Mary, Chris, Rei and I were talking about how next time we should have music, particularly the song with the line "Everytime we come we bring the DAAANGER!!" Amusing because the Yamaguchi team although there are moments of amazing skill and agilility, they're there for fun and don't usually scare the opposition too much! So yeah, although that song didn't make it on the the CD, we put together a "Go Da Guch" soundtrack, with inspiring songs, celebratory tunes, and others to intimidate, or commissorate! (sp!?). With the boombox in hand, we doned a hand-decorated "Go Da Guch" supporters top, and hyped up the team with our pom-poms! Right classy we were!

It was such a fun time, the trip started off slowly, but by the time the van was loaded in Tokuyama we were off. Not quite as exciting as Amy's police encounter, but Jimmy and I did try to keep the party going in our van, and were singing away..! With a whole lot of genki newbies in the Guch this year, there were 32 in the Yamaguchi contingent - that's half the AETs in the whole ken!! So there were two teams, making it a busy time for us supporters! But exciting times I tell you, with both teams scoring in their first games (a record, seeing as Yamaguchi have never scored on the first day!)! And since there were the two teams, only once playing at the same time, there were about 15 Guchians supporter at one game! Phew! Jo forgot to mention one of her cheers, "Put the cat among the Pigeons Guch"...I don't get it still..! When the team played the local high school team, the team even came and bowed to the supporters! By the end of the day, my throat was starting to suffer, and boy that first beer was soooo good!

Which leads us into the night's entertainment! And that it was! After getting a few brewskies into us, we headed off to the party, that was already pumping. So not to babble for too long I will list the highlights:
  • Jenny, Tom and I harrassing Jimmy, squeezing his arse all while he carried on a conversation with another JET...only pausing to say "sorry, I'm a bit distracted, people are squeezing my arse!" Such control!
  • Dancing in one of the smallest dance rooms/floors ever, with the majority of the people being from Yamaguchi!
  • A table about 1 by 2 metres, being loaded with primarily dancing Guchians all night!
  • The "YAMAGUCHI" call in every quiet part or pause in the music by Neal, and then us all screaming and yelling "Yeah, Yamaguchiii!"
  • Going to get Paul's Corona and my Malibu and coke, to find there was no coke at the moment, or no Corona, so we got free beers!
  • Coke arrives, and Malibu is runs out as my drink is poured...so lady tops it up with vodka! Yeah!
  • Neal, Jocelyn and I peering through the window at Jo and this guy talking, and making kissing gestures, and laughing and generally being silly buggers!
  • Witnessing Gillians boobs being well groped by some guy..! But missing the photo cos someone got in the way!
  • Paul and I witnessing Jo pashing a guy, and not missing the photo op!
  • When all but a few had gone, Paul, Jenny, Jo, Amy, Tom and I were the only ones left carving up the dance floor!
  • Thinking it was time to go, and losing some, Paul and I go upstairs to find Louise and Osamu still at the Party!
  • Louise being so so so so drunk!
  • Osamu being so so so drunk and gutted to have lost his jacket. Quote (the last part prompted by me!): "This weekend has been a big loss. I've lost my licence. I've lost my jacket, and I've lost a lot of games!" Such a sad story!
  • Paul, Louise and I walking home, Paul and I arguing about whether he was more drunk than sober (Definitely more drunk). Luckily we realised we were heading down the wrong road before too long...
  • Louise stumbling down the road, the Paul and I ran away and hid in a driveway (obvious place to look for us...), then Louise stumbling by calling "hello...? helllooo...? where are you...I'm lost...hello...?" Walking right by the drive...

There was so much more to the night, but God if you could only remember it all! Thankfully, and to the surprise of many probably, I wasn't hardly hungover at all the next day! But I didn't have a voice hardly! Too much cheering, and those damn "Yamaguchi" shouting and carry on at the party me thinks! I did manage to get the voice back up to a husky dry cheer for the last day of soccer though! Cos boy was it exciting! Yamaguchi A ended up winning in a tie break, and we sang to the sounds of Tina Turner "Simply the Best"!! Then after the curry lunch (ah remember that yummy curry Mary!?), they went out and won 5-1! Boy was there partying going on! Of course to " We are the Champions"! And Jeremy the Marine addition to the team, running back from goal with his bum bared...!? Has to be said one of the cool things is that the national Mainichi newspaper wrote about the Yamaguchi group! He wanted to write about how we all had so much fun, and spirit even though we didn't have any wins! But then the teams won a couple of games and ruined that! But he still wrote about the team! How funny!

So I too am tired today, at the office. Not talking to anyone cos I can't! Well I can a little, but its all low and husky, and not of the sexy variety! I should be right soon though and hopefully I don't become an Ariel like Jo did! Right have to get back to the Japanese study, 6 weeks til exam, and have I done much recently...? Of course not!


2 Comments:

At 18/10/04 9:46 pm, Blogger J said...

equally well written selene, such a funny wkend and your blog seems to be ok now.

 
At 22/10/04 3:34 pm, Blogger Selene said...

When did I make you get off a bus Mary..? The only time I remember making you get off a bus, saved your dignity...remember that time you were going to pee in a bag on a bus!!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home