Friday, August 27, 2004

Arghhh!!

Why? I hear you ask yourself...Well, let me tell you... I HATE packing. I HATE traveling with lots of luggage. I HATE that Air NZ domestic flights are anal about only having a 20kg limit. I repeat, ARGHHH!! It doesn't help that I tend to stress about having too heavy luggage anyway. Though I have decided that I am just going to send a box of stuff to keep weight down, and stuff how much it costs! It also doesn't help that I am slightly stressed about my flight to Auckland being delayed and I will miss my Japan flight. Paranoia kicking in I'm sure, cos I have just under 3 hours to get my luggage from domestic, and get checked into international...It will be fine...right!?

Ah well, enough bitching...So much to be happy about as a NZer...We just doub;ed our medal count at the Olympics before! From 2 golds to our new total of 3 golds and 1 silver (bless the triathlon boys!). You know what that means...I think NZ tops the 'gold medals per capita of people' count...we have 1 gold for every 1.333... million people!!! Exciting eh!!

So 3 more sleeps in NZ before going back to Asa...And thankfully I am quite looking forward to it! Not to say I want to leave home, cos I could easily vege here for much longer! But it's good that I am not dreading going back, and am looking forward to seeing Japan people again, and this time I know what I'm going to. Though I do have the passing thoughts of how I have another whole year in Japan, another winter on the way, another year of cooking for myself, another year of riding my crappy bike, another rainy season...!! But it's going to be good.

So, tomorrow Jo (my home Jo, not Japan Jo!!), and Tans have got the day off work to spend with yours truly! Nice ne! So we are going to go to Lake Tekapo, one of my favourite places. Don't know how the weather will be up there, maybe snowing or raining, or just damn cold! But it should be just lovely, and might even go ice skating... The possiblities are endless!

Then on Saturday I'm going to Christchurch for the night with Mum, Jo, Paul, and Tans, and we'll meet up with my bro, Casey and my friend from uni, Amandha. Perhaps we will eat and drink a little... But I will not be getting even the slightest bit drunk...not even tipsy...not even buzzing! I shall never fly drunk/hungover again! Then my friends, I will begin my 25 hour trek back to the adopted homeland at 10am (NZT) on Sunday! So my next blog will be from Japan again!

I shall take this opportunity to say how disappointing the blogging has been of late! In order of hopelessness, from least to most:
NOTE: Abra is exempt cos her blog has gone AWOL.
1. Jocelyn (good effort, despite having to study and sit exam)
2. Mary (hopeless but posted a good length Singapore entry)
3. Jo (ONE post from the homeland, and of pathetic length!)
4. Meag (no posts since Japan...and I know you read this blog...and
have internet access!)
5. Shelli (no blogs since the school office...are you still alive
over there in Ohio!?)

So either people's internet access is not the best at this time, or I am just sad, and even though I am home I still have too much time on my hands..!? But come on!!

Ok, gotta go to bed it's 12.30am...(see I stay up late for you people!) Oyasumi!

1 Comments:

At 3/9/04 1:01 pm, Blogger J said...

hey am back in the blog zone, i want a retraction!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home