Saturday, August 21, 2004

Week 2 of holiday...

I can't believe I only have one more week at home. Actually I can believe it cos, when a year can go by as fast as it did, really how slow can I think 3 weeks could pass!?

So this week I went to Dunedin, Edinburgh of the South! It's my uni town, so even though most have left, there are still a few people lingering! It had just been snowing the two days before, and staying in a uni flat is so cold...So the whole experience was really cold! It was great catching up with friends who are still down there. On Wednesday night I went to Filadelfios for pizza. It has the best pizza, so so yummy! Then we went to a pub called the Ori. It was so studenty, and made me feel old! On Thursday night I went out with Ryan san, Sarah san, Matt san and Ann san!! You may be able to guess, that these are friends from Japanese class! It was so fun, we went to Tokyo Garden Japanese restaurant for old times sake! It is our restaurant of choice because it is BYO wine, so we can get rolling drunk for cheap, before carrying on to other bars!! It was such a fun night, rather hilarious actually!!

I came home on Friday having seen most of the people I wanted to see. On Saturday the plan was to go to a 50th briefly, before going to Jem's to drink then town. That's what I did! Two friends from Dunedin came up for the 50th that I've known since I was probably 8 years old, and they were about 18 and 21...the only difference is now I've grown up, and they haven't!! Needless to say, we all got drunk, and carved up the dance floor all night!!

One more story...my friend Shanna came over for breakfast/brunch on Sunday to look at my photos. I never realised until looking at the photos in order, how many peace signs we make in Japan! I knew we had taken to the photo feature like ducks to water, but not to the extent in which I saw in photo after photo!!! It was so funny! Shanna decided we could play that black/red drinking game with the photos, by guessing if there would be a peace sign or not in the photo! They just don't understand...!

2 Comments:

At 24/8/04 12:06 am, Blogger Abra said...

I rarely did the peace sign myself. Never really got in to it. Anyway, when you going back to Japan? Have seen on the news lots about the bad weather in the land of the Island Folk.

 
At 24/8/04 10:55 am, Blogger Selene said...

There is bad weather...snow and stuff! But not in Timaru, just cold. Flying to Auckland, then to Japan on 29th...the weather better be okay to fly...safe travels Abra!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home