Monday, August 16, 2004

Saturday fun...!

So on Saturday, I slept in as I have been doing every day! Then I went to town with my Mum, and we shopped. At around 2pm, I was meant to be going to out to a friends farm to see the new lambs and play for a while, but Jem ended up having to go to netball... So I hung out at home, with my Dad and my brothers, while there were working away outside (All this does have a point...bare with me!). Then Shaun and I went around to our friend, Kenny's place to visit, and he said they's meet us in town later that night after going to another friend's flat.

Later when I got home, Mum said my Jo, Kylie, Jem and Tans had called and would be around at about 6pm. It had been decided that we would have a few drinks and some food at my place before going into town. So after going to the Town and Country Club with Dad and Casey, and getting back etc, the girls arrived, and Mum was making shit loads of sandwiches, savouries (little pie things!), and other nibbles. I said there is only going to be aout 6 people here Mum...

Anyway, the next thing you know my friend Rachel arrives! Rachel is still at Uni, and although from Timaru, we only met at uni. It was such a surprise to see her, and then Mum says we should go out to the garage. And I start kickin' up a stink cos I'm like, it's too cold, I'm not drinking in the garage...! At this point I get dubious, and think there are going to be people to surprise me in the garage! There wasn't!! But it was kitted out for a party!!! The big gas patio heater, was going. My brother told me earlier in the day he'd just bought it for $400 as a surprise present for his girlfriend, Ann. The stereo from my room was out there. Mum had been in hysterics when I started getting shit about it not being in my room when I wanted to listen to it during the day! The point being, all day when everyone was trying to get stuff ready I was there, and they were dropping hints, or saying weird stuff, and clueless me didn't pick up on it! Hence all the food too, oh and Mum had wanted to buy ham on Thursday night for the sandwiches, but I wouldn't let her, cos the kids at home only had one day left at school before the weekend!!! Really, I was totally clueless, and oh so dumb!!!

So, soon after Kenny turned up (drinking at the other flat, my arse!), and other friends, and friends of my parents too! I ended up being a right ol' time! I got out my Bling star earrings Mary, but couldn't wear them out! Sorry, but Jo's BF Paul, and Shaun enjoyed wearing them for a while!

We went into town at about 11.30pm...it was strange! I barely knew anyone. Not that I expected to really, but just the fact that the strangers weren't Japanese was weird! Everyone danced weirdly, and a lot of people were almost a danger to others with there arms flying (is it like that in Japan!?). The songs were way old school, and I remember thinking that I was going to be looking forward to it...turns out I didn't! The songs I really got into and enjoyed were the songs I know from Japan!! Oh my God, I've been converted to liking American Hip Hop, and songs of the like! The whole experience made me really miss everyone, and going out in Japan!! Who would've thought...! It was cool to be out with my Timaru friends, and so pleased my brothers, Ann, and a few other friends got absolutely pissed on account of my homecoming! Oh the other concern of the evening was I couldn't decide what to drink! The choices...too many!!! I ended up drinking bourbon and Coke, but it was so sweet and I wasn't totally happy with! Oh to have been having a chuhi, or Moscow Mule!!! I shall have to rethink my choice of drink before next time...!!

On Wednesday, I'm going down to Dunedin to catch up with Uni friends, and other Dunedin friends. It is going to be so fun, really very excited... But there has been heaps of snow around the place this week and more expected (not in Timaru really, but all around)...so I know my friend's flat is going to be SO SO cold. Will have to wear my winter woollies!!

1 Comments:

At 17/8/04 4:39 pm, Blogger Selene said...

No, I hate this cold, and I hate the icky sticky hot in Japan..!! No fair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home