Monday, November 01, 2004

THE VISITOR

This is an actual recitation passage that was done at the speech competition I judged yesterday. Thank God I only had to listen to it twice cos I don't think I could have listened to it more with out laughing out loud! Whoever wrote this was either taking the piss, or it's just unfortunately a really poorly written story!!

I dedicate it to Abra. HAPPY BIRTHDAY mate! Hope you had a great day, got really pissed, and generally had fun! Wish I could've been there to do a bit of Snoop Dogg with ya!! P.S. May we never forget the Walla Walla Whitmans.

The Visitor
One day a young hunter met a strange old man. The hunter soon realised that the old man was very ill. The man's lips were big because they were swollen. His eyes were also swollen. All over his body there were open sores, signs of a disease. And the air around him has a terrible smell.
"Who are you?" the young hunter asked.
"I am Smallpox." the old man answered, and the smell of his breath was worse than the smell of his body. "I'm coming," he continued, "I'm coming to your village and I will give everyone my disease. That is what I am here to do."
"Don't do that!" the young man cried. "There are good people in my village. We haven't hurt you."
For a long time Smallpox thought about what the hunter said. At last he said, "Very well, I will have pity on you. You can take your family and friends. If you want, you can take the whole village. If they go with you, they will be all right."
The young hunter went home to his village. He called all of the people together and he told them what he knew.
"Something is coming. A terrible thing is going to happen. A disease is coming that can kill us all. But I can take my family and friends away from it. Follow me and you will live!"
The people were surprised to hear him talk this way. They listened for a while and then they began to laugh.
"I come with a warning," the young hunter said. But still the people laughed and did not believe him. He said, "Stay here if you want. My family and I will leave." He went home to his cottage. The family left the village and traveled west to find a new home.
The next day, all of the people who stayed in the village saw Smallpox. They smelled his terrible breath. And they died.

2 Comments:

At 1/11/04 6:25 am, Blogger Abra said...

hi selene! thanks for the bday wishes and i am so sad i missed your call. stupid cell phone ring is not loud enough methinks! grr...anyway sounds like you had great halloween. also sounds like you had to hear one disgusting and completely irrelevant speech.
ps- i love my pictures and journey dvd!

 
At 9/11/04 4:50 pm, Blogger Dan said...

That was so bad, it's great. Big ups for crappy stories. I think it is a parable for our lives man. You need to read more into the story.

Hope you are good darling.

Dan (Anonymous)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home