Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Halloween!!

Just home from Yanai - home of the legendary Halloween Party! It was a biggy! Louise and I went as Policemen, due to the brilliant finds we found in the Shimonoseki 100 yen shop! Namely the highway patrol-like plastic hat, and the super cool sunglasses! Since the basic uniform was just black pants (skirt for Louise), White shirt and black jacket, it was all about the accessories! And boy did we do that well - hat, sunnies, brillant moustaches, handcuffs, gun, key chain thing, ear speaker thing, black money bag, white gloves and very authentic looking 'Special Police' badges!! I don't know if I should be pleased or not that I told numerous times that people thought I was a real cop from afar, or that I suited a moustache..!?

But awesome night, people were transformed to an entirely different being!!... Some highlights would be Tori, Jenny and Paul as elementary school kids, Jimmy as a punk (never would have thought the bad arse like would suit him like it did!!), and all our animal friends - Jo, slutty cow; Jocelyn - funky dinosaur; Eleanor - Mr Penguin and Osamu - Mr Panda!! Then there was Ann the pregnant nun, and Neal the priest with a huge erection (entirely by co-incidence!), Dan the class nerd, and Rosie the J-housewife!! There were so many more brillant costumes, I could go on for hours!

So we drank lots, and danced lots, and drank more - maybe Jo will tell a tale about that... And then at the end of the night Jocelyn, Jo, Tom and I got in a taxi and I said "Kuga Chuu Gakko" (that being Kuga Junior High!)...so we head off, and we're cruising knowing that it takes a while and the fare will be about 4500 yen... As we drive we hit the coast, and I ask the driver, "is that Shikoku?" and he says it's not, it's Oshima. So that was nice, then we're cruising some more and the meter is up to 5500 yen...and we are on the coast but it's on the other side of us! I'm thinking this guy is taking us for a ride (in both senses of the word), so I tell him that on the way to Yanai it only cost 4500 yen. So he stops the meter and we soon arrive... It is totally unfamilar and he doesn't know where the school is. So then I told him to go back to the station and I'd be able to tell from there... We went to the BUS station and discover we are in Kuka, on Oshima Island in Artenze's town!! OH MY GOD!!! Thankfully we had had the meter turned off, and the man was nice about the whole sitch, which was mostly his fault I say! Anyway we got home about 45 mins later, since we had pretty much gone is the opposite direction! Question is: how did we miss going over that bridge!?


Ok, gotta go, have to write a special blog..!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home