Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Today I didn't have to go to work. Tomorrow I don't have to go to work. Why, you ask? Well I have a lovely boss who said I can have these days off to clean and pack since I won't be home Thursday and Friday. Nice eh!

So yesterday was a little busier... I went to Shimonoseki and help Jo at an elementary school English-teaching presentation/seminar thing. It ended up being really well recieved and rather fun, after they got over the fact that I wasn't Mr Mann Kenton that is..! Then we met Abra, Meag, Tomoko and Shelli for sushi. The occasion sadly was Abra and Shelli's last dinner. Abra out did herself this time with the salmon and cheeses...a whopping 6 plates!! The whole table actually out did all previous records...19 or 21 plates of salmon and cheese!! Impressive ne! Rather embarrassing mind when you hear orders for "saamon chiizu o hitotsu" (one salmon and cheese), and here we are ordering 10 at a time!

Then after gorging on sushi it was the sad farewells... of course unless Abra did become a freelance Pole-dancer in Fukuoka, the goodbye time was inevitable...but goodbyes do suck, especially after we have all had an awesome time together this past year. Realistically of course it isn't goodbye, just see ya later, cos when she marries my brother, I'll be seeing heaps of her...and Shelli and Meag I will be seeing in US!!

Oh that reminds me it almost was totally final-I never want to see you again- goodbyes to Abra, after I got home and found all the shit I had specifically told I didn't want in my apartment... 12 soaps, a sewing kit, writing paper, and scabby free postcards, and a tin of SPAM!!! To name a few things...I tell you I wasn't happy!

So, only 3 days until I go to NZ!! I talked to my friend Tans tonight as it was her birthday yesterday... I think they are going crazy at home...she has just adopted a kid...a Cabbage Patch Kid!!!??? I find it so weird myself, I mean she just turned 23, but due to being deprived as a child, and never being a blessed mother of a Cabbage Patch Kid, she has finally filled that gap in her heart..! Her new kids name is Esther, and has a funny middle name...

Well, Meag is staying at the moment, so it's rather fun having a flatmate type situation going on for a change...Not that it feels any different from the weekends actually...! Ok gotta go and do a quiz to see if I'm a karaoke queen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home