Monday, August 09, 2004

I'm in New Zealand!!

Well, after about 16 hours travel I am in Auckland! So exciting! I arrived yesterday at 7.30am (4.30am Japan time), after no sleep...so tired my eyes were stinging! Then I was picked up by Uncle Phil, to be told visitors were coming for brunch, so no sleep yet! Then I did sleep for a few hours. At 5pm I went to my friend Mark's apartment and we went out for dinner. It was so cool catching up. Then I got home and slept til 12 today! I was tired yo!

So it's kinda weird being in NZ...I'm not totally home yet, cos I'm just in Auckland, and I think I know Japan cities as much or better than I do this one! But before I arrived, I started to get a bit worried that all my expectations of NZ and NZers would be wrong, and things wouldn't be like I thought they should be... But now, I really just don't know what I'm meant to be thinking about it... We were driving down the main street last night, and there weren't many people around, so when I saw a white guy, I thought 'oh, a gaijin!' then remembered that of course cos I'm in NZ! I get asked what I want to eat, but I can't think of anything at the time...I guess I am spoilt for choice, but honestly at the time, I just don't know..! Oh and it's so freakin' cold!!! I am so cold, and it's going to be worse down home! Arghhh! And my skin and lips are really dry already cos it's cold and not humid! Strange things I notice...!!

Last really funny thing is...everyone (all 3 people I have talked to), think my voice has changed! So weird! My cousin, Nikki said I sound all ponsy or something, and my uncle said my voice sounds a little American!! Funny eh, damn you Americans!!

Ok gotta go and courier some stuff down home. Oh had coffee with Mary in Singapore, very cool to see you Mary! And advice to all...fly Singapore Air, it's so so nice and you get to watch any movies you want and play Nintendo games!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home