Friday, July 30, 2004

Stuff...

Today I sat in the office, doing what I always do - making myself look busy, all the while doing nothing..!  It is in fact quite an art, and I readily admit I suck at it!  I try hard, but, although I have never had the other office folks feedback, I think I fail to make myself look fulfilled during my 7 hours in the office. 
 
I try to plan what I will do for my day, and the night before I hunt around the apartment, in my big "stuff" cupboard for something that will keep me occupied.  Thus far in my summer office sessions, I have made a Thailand photo album, converted a summer's worth of rather amusing emails between me and a friend to Microsoft Word (I will give her this as a book!), and done a power point presentation for newbie orientation at kencho.  I only had real trouble yesterday, oh god I could've chewed my arm off I was so bored... I searched high and low for an activity for the day before I went to work, but to no avail...I had to bike off with the knowledge that I only had my usual newspaper, book, and Japanese study books sitting on my desk ready for me. 
 
So at times like that, it must be blatantly obvious to all that I am in near pain with boredom...I sigh, I stretch, I even filled the bottom of my lip balm with twink (white-out/correction pen...??), and started making a twink mountain on my notebook - things got pretty extreme yesterday!  Today I took my laptop, so I manage to keep myself amused on that, just typing stuff, nothing in particular usually, but it gets me through the day!
 
It really is so stupid that we must go and sit there with nothing to do.  I'm all for working, you know, us kiwis have a reputation for being workers!  But, give me something to do!!!  Ah, the JET programme...you gotta love it!  Mind, it is better than being in a hot sweaty school, or sitting at home using my own air con! 
 
Now, must go and decide what to do tomorrow...last day of the week thank God, so should try make it a goodie..!!  I have a little idea, Jimmy (fellow JET, and editor of JET Zenzen Magazine) needs stuff to fill the mag that is due out next week (he must be desperate to consider my words!), so twas thinking... Since there are new people arriving, us wise and knowledged folk should spread the word of Fukuoka and Hiroshima...!  So people of the Guch, staying and departing, send me your wisdom, recommendations, words, discouragements, etc, etc, and I shall write a wee article! 

1 Comments:

At 30/7/04 4:49 pm, Blogger J said...

have done the article lovely, i think you should write about maybe the more japanese bars...or something

 

Post a Comment

<< Home