Friday, July 30, 2004

Today...last full day in office!!

Yay, can hardly express how glad I am to be finishing the week in the office!  Before lunch everyone in my section left to go to Shunan for a meeting.  Leaving me sitting there, all day long entertaining myself!  Not that the other peops in the section entertain me usually, but there is a sense of solidarity in all sitting there together, getting through the day.  Cos I know for a fact (ok, maybe not for a fact) that they do a lot of paper shuffling, "oh I'm so busy, working working working" kind of business.  So sitting there alone, is rather gutting!
 
So, I said yesterday I was going to write an article about Fukuoka/Hiroshima night clubs...But Jo, the little whipper-snapper, got in there first!  So I then decided I shall let my creativity flow, all while using my Japanese prowess and write a few haiku!  Rather amusing time it was actually, though I had to keep hiding them in case the real Japanese folk saw, and commented, etc...I made up some stuff about the day you see! 
 
Now I have about 30 mins til home time.  And I won't be back at the office for a full day until next term!  On Monday I am going to go to Shimonoseki to help out Jo with a presentation.  Then
Tuesday and Wednesday,  I have got off to clean and pack!  Yay! 
 
The day isn't over for me at 4pm-ish though...no sirree!  I am going to slog it out in the kitchen to create Abra's favourite 'Selene' food!  I'm actually sure Meag and others like the stuff just as much, but only Abra tends to go on about food A LOT!!  So on the menu is tacos (not on the list of Selene food, but we all love them), hot potato salad, pavlova, and banana bread!  I made the pav last night, and has to be said, it is the most successful in-Japan-pav to date!  I was thinking about making pikelets, cos the girls haven't tried them...only mocked the name of them!  Until I came to Japan and met these dirty-minded Americans, pikelets never brought any other words to mind!  I don't think I will make them however...
 
Ok, home time soon, better go get ready! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home