Monday, July 26, 2004

At the office...

Today is the first day of what I imagine to be a long week at the office.  Usually I never use the computer, except to print off things to take back to my desk to work on.  But today, I have ventured to use to internet, and even update my blog! 
 
So, had such a busy weekend, I am still so tired.  On Friday night we (can't be bothered listing names, you know who you are if you were there!) drank at Nitanda beer garden, good night, depsite a few upset souls when told that there were no fried potato! 
 
On  Saturday I was up early, while others lay slumbering to go to Asa High English Day.  It was really fun, the kids were all genki, and I saw some students who I met at their Junior high last year.  But MY GOD it was hot!  Especially cooking lunch for over 2 hours in a boiling home ec room.  I stand by my diagnosis that I got slight heat stroke that day.  Then after a quick post-English day drink at Nitanda, I got on the train to go to the Akiyoshi Fireworks. 
 
It was an act and a half trying to work out how everyone was going to get there, and I comtemplated not going, but then there it was going to be the last time to hang out together with everyone, so after some bitching and complaining on my part I made it!  Thankfully, when I arrived at Meag's everyone was still there, and we went together, cos if I had been by myself getting to the place I would have been right shitty!!  It was a mission!!
 
After really cool, and spectacular fireworks in a cool setting, and some good ol' festival food, we headed back to the car (which was a 20-30 min walk from the bus we took to the actual place)... Well, we never did get on a bus to get back to the car...we were led by Meag's neighbour, and we walked and walked, and sweated and sweated for an HOUR back to the car!!  Oh my, it was so hot!  Poor Meag was trotting along in her yukata and geta shoes...truly trying times they were! Shelli and I did manage to make the time pass with a few songs, entertaining us and many others I'm sure!  The best sing was in the tunnel, cos the acoustics were awesome!!
 
So finally after getting back to Meag's and having a rest, Mary, Abra and I drove to Mine, and Mary and I finally got back to Asa at 2am!  Big night!
 
Yesterday was the Asa Fireworks, no way as spectacular as Akiyoshidai's, but the whole Station Road (eki-dori), was filled with festival stalls and people.  It was so cool to walk through and see so many people out in their colourful yukata.  I've honestly never seen so many young people (actually people in general) in Asa!! 
 
So that was my busy weekend, this week is going to be busy too, but with boring long days...must sleep lots to keep up with it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home