Friday, July 23, 2004

Surviving the Japan summer...

So, today it has to be said is damn hot.  But, thankfully I have been saved from the boredom of the office because Mary has come to stay.  She has come to the metropolis of Asa, to spend her final days in the Guch!  So this morning I went off the the office at 8.20am, and promptly asked my supervisor if I could go home at 12pm since Mary had come to stay.  I thought the quicker I get it said the better, so after studying for a couple of hours I came home.  Ever so grateful I must add, I don't wish to sound like I am taking advantage of my situation, because I NEVER would!
 
So, as I said it's hot, which really there is only one solution.  Hole ourselves up in one room, cranking the air con.  Slight deja vu as I remember doing this exact thing in the winter, but with the heater going...
 
Tonight we are going to the beer garden.  Actually Nitanda, there used to be only this one in Asa, but the Asa Station Hotel has just started advertising a beer garden - with lift access!!  Nitanda is a bit more simple.  Owned by good ALT friend Miyuki and her husband, we have to walk (climb) up the 3 stories, but it is always so nice once we get there!  The sad thing about the beer garden is that it is only open from the beginning of June til about end of September.  So needless to say I like to spend a lot of time there to enjoy the beer garden drinking pleasures!  I will be back there on Sunday (for Asa Fireworks), and then Tuesday (for farewell drinks) and...!!
 
Has to be said chu-his, eda-mame (soy beans), and beer gardens are the saving grace of Japan summer!!

1 Comments:

At 25/7/04 8:17 pm, Blogger Selene said...

CHRISTINE!!! Hi!! So honoured to have you visit my blog!! For you are the mother of the Japan-experience blog, are you not!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home