Tuesday, July 20, 2004

One day down...so many more to go...

Oh God, how am I going to survive another approx. 10 days in the office?  Today was my first in quite a while, and it has to be said - it's damn BORING!!  I started the day at 8.30 by reading the Daily Yomiuri thoroughly, and doing the crossword.  Then I moved onto studying some Japanese, so boring too...some stage through the morning my electronic dictionary's batteries died so studying was out.  The rest of the day passed by reading, studying Japanese (got new batteries at lunch time), doing puzzles in an old magazine, and writing letters.
 
I have a bit of a plan for tomorrow...I'm going to make a Thailand Photo Album.  I have so many photos lying around, so I shall endevour to make a classy wee album, that should fill in a day at least...
 
So, on Saturday I was invited by one of my primary schools' vice-principals it go to New Zealand Village.  So weird that Yamaguchi has such a place... So I invited Abra to join us, cos she could hook us up with free entry!!  No, really I wanted to share my homeland with someone appreciative... 
 
I had been warned that I shouldn't go, cos it would make me sad and I wouldn't like to see the animals...it was a strange, weird place...  I don't think the place has been painted since it was opened 20 years ago, and needless to say, I won't be rushing back!  There were all these random attractions, that personally, I couldn't see exciting a hyperactive 5 year old.  There were monkeys.  Monkeys for crying out loud, we don't have monkeys last time I was home.  The worst thing was the cows.  They were in the milking contraptions (I think, honestly I only looked at them for about 20 seconds), and you could see every rib and their hipbones and all.  Oh it was so awful, and there was this big horse in a concrete stable, crying out for love and the want to run free across the land...
 
Another weird thing was the Kiwi guy working there...Strange lad he was...Walked like a Neanderthal, and wasn't the best conversationalist.  I actually got a bit worried that I have in fact forgotten what guys at home are like.  I hope he isn't it, and I've created this morphed illusion in my head!!
 
Ah well, I am glad I have been to NZ Village now, so when the kids ask, I can say 'yes', but I won't be going back (by choice)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home