Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Wow...Here I am!!

I have finally entered the world of blogging!!  After being a avid reader and commenter of many others' blogs, I have finally started my own.  Though if it weren't for the ingenious persuasion of a wise Jo (Miss Smallface, to her blog fans!), I don't think I'd be here.  As it is only a couple of weeks before we are all separated by thousands of kms, she thought the best way to keep each other in touch would be for us all to blog...Smart cookie isn't she!
 
So...to ease myself into this whole blogging thing...I will do the introductory blog!  I, as mentioned, am a New Zealander living in Yamaguchi-ken, Japan.  Way back at the beginning of August 2003, I met wonderful people, also on the JET programme, such as, Abra, Meagan, Jo, Jocelyn, and Mary to name a few.  It was young Abra, who was taken by the whole NZ thing...and put down my linguistic differences, and other minor quirks (for want of a better word) to the fact that I am an "island folk".  Thus, the name of this blog was born!  It has come to my attention on many occasions actually, that Abra is rather envious of the 'island folk'.  Secretly, I think she harbours a desire to be one of us... We are an exceptional class of the human race, if I do say so myself!
 
Anyway, enough said to get this under way.  It has been a rather full weekend, so must sleep before my action packed day at the education office tomorrow...Oh, I just can't wait!!
 
 



2 Comments:

At 20/7/04 1:07 am, Blogger Abra said...

Only if I can be part maori! And have an all blacks boyfriend.

 
At 21/7/04 11:47 am, Blogger J said...

i'm mentioned!!
nice work selene!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home