Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Happy Birthday Blog!

Yip, it's been a whole year that I have been bloggin' for! It seems like I've been doing it for ages... To think if it weren't for Abra and her "Abra in Exile" (which incidently could also have been read as "A Brain Exile") and the desire for us all to keep in touch, it would never have started! Who would've thought it'd end up being such a craze in the Guch!?

Had a busy weekend of course. Though Friday night I had a much needed night at home by myself, and watched "Ima, Ai ni Yukimasu". It was very cool. Saturday was Tori's farewell. It was lots of fun, just hanging out at home, then the beer garden (dodgy) and karaoke. Sunday we had sad goodbyes at the station. Yes, I cried. But it's not my fault I don't like seeing people sad and saying goodbye to people!! Glad you got home safely Tori!

Sunday when I got home, I went to a farewell bbq at the Kimura's with Louise and other J-friends, and friends of the Kimura's. It was such a nice night. One of the guys there, I met at the wedding I went to in Nov, 2003. He went to London not long after to study at Vidal Sassoon. He didn't speak English then, and now it's really good. So Louise and I spent most of the night chatting with him and another mate who I have met a few times. This guy is hilarious. Lies about most things, looks like Kim Jong El (or however it's spelt), and generally just talks shit in his limited English. His talk always ends up in the gutter, and you learn things you don't want to know!! It was a great night, and I will miss my Asa friends very much, they've been so good to me over the 2 years.

All my nights are full for the rest of my time here (except for Sunday and Tuesday). Tomorrow is my office party. I went to the office today, and my supervisor and I are doing an English lesson at it! It's going to be so funny! I will tell you all about it tomorrow or Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home