Wednesday, June 29, 2005

On other news...

I'm boycotting my Post Office. I went in the other day to post a card to NZ. It was square-shaped. The anal postie, sized it up, ee tou-ed and took it out to show the other guy. Then he came back and said it was too small to post. a letter at its minimum has to be 14cm by 9cm! Oh for Christsake! I'd usually be fine about this, except for the fact that I had received the exact same-sized card from Paul for my birthday from Shuto-cho. So I made no hesitation to tell the man this. I was blunt, cold and as abrasive as I can be in Japanese! He said that "actually" Shuto-cho P.O shouldn't have sent it. I just grunted, and stood there with a pissed off face on me while he processed my other thing. Then he had the audacity to write down the correct measurements on a piece of paper for me to take with me!! I tell you I wasn't happy! I'm actually surprised, being so anal, that they didn't send the card from Paul back to Shuto-cho because it was too small!

Anyway, so yes I am boycotting the Asa P.O. I will send my letters by buying stamps from a machine, or from a P.O agent, or I will post things in other towns. The only time I will go into the post office will be to use the ATM, or when sending boxes to NZ. That will show them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home