Friday, June 24, 2005

Life update!

Today the postie is coming to take two boxes and a suitcase, and send them off to NZ. With 5 weeks to go, that's about as organised as I get. You wouldn't be able to tell that anything is gone really...my walls are barer, and I guess some of my shelves are too, but it's obvious I still have a long way to go!

When I went to get my 3nd last pay on Tuesday, my supervisor and I did discuss packing up my place, when my sobetsukai will be (20th July), and sorted when newspaper will stop. We even decided the exact time I will leave Asa! Oh God!

On the Thailand front, I'm pretty organised... Flight there is booked, accommodation is booked, flight home is booked. Just have to pay for all of the above, and the course, read the pre-course stuff and get there I think..!

Since the returners conference I've gone through stages of emotions about leaving/what I'm going to do after Jet/etc etc. Right now, even though there is less than 5 weeks to go, I kind of feel like I've got ages, and all these last parties/visits to schools/times to see people are not really that at all. I'm sure in a few days or so I will be freaking out again...!

Today I am doing my self-introduction! Yay! Everytime I am going to do it recently I get really pissed off thinking why the fuck! But once I've got to class, the kids end up being really cool and I'm happy to be doing it. Today I spoke for are 15 minutes, then they just kept asking questions for the next 30 mins! Best question of the day was 'Are you married to one of the All Blacks?'...one could only wish!! Oh and another goody was 'What's your job?' - obviously that student is as confused about my role as I am sometimes!!

1 Comments:

At 24/6/05 7:37 pm, Blogger Dan said...

I wish you were married to an All Black. Free tickets for me.

Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home