Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I had a thought yesterday (one of many of course). When am I ever going to be able to pay for something for someone, and then have enough money in the bank or wherever to forget that they haven't paid you back!? That's what happened. Amazingly, Paul remembered that he hadn't paid me back the 4 man for our flight. That's like over NZ$500, and I just forgot about it! So never going to happen again. In a few months I'll be saying to friends "You owe me $5" or some lesser or pathetic amount!!

Last night I went out for dinner to the place I went to a couple of months ago. The place where the woman was all excited and kept giving me gifts. She gave me more gifts last night, smaller ones thankful. It was funny again, she'd come in while we were eating this amazingly beautiful Japanese dinner, and kept bring more sashimi, tsukemono, and sushi. She chatter away, then go, then come back..!

Last night however, her husband got in on the act after we were discussing Yamaguchi-ben. He came in and started rambling away in Okayama-ben. Of course I had no idea what he was saying! Then we chatted, and he was crazy and kept telling jokes that I didn't get! I finally got one, when Kyoko said we lived in Asa - "Hirudemo, Yorudemo, Itsudemo Asa!!" (In the daytime, night time, anytime, it's Asa) haha, yeah heard it before! But they cracked up when I laughed cos I finally got a joke. Then we had to go outside to do photos, in every possible 3 person set. It was lovely, they are a lovely couple and I will go back there one day when I visit Japan. They wrote their names and phone number on a set of hens they gave me!

Today I'm at Ube High, last day. They are having a party for me after school at English Club... I am not going to get sad and cry or anything ridiculous - I refuse to!

And finally, this time in two weeks I will be about to board the flight to Thailand. Argh, so much to do, so little time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home