Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Snow and Ice...

So the snow has come. Really freakin' cold too! Though I don't think there has been as much snow as there was last year when it snowed.

This morning I didn't want to bike, cos I am scared I will slip on ice, so I walked. I skid a little when I walk anyway, but at least I know the fall won't be as shocking as on my bike! Anyway, I decided to wear my sturdier shoes. They are CAT shoes. I have only worn them on one other 4 day occasion when I went to Tokyo last New Years. They killed my feet with blisters within the first few hours!! I thought that they'd be fine, but no, they once again killed my feet! So the walk to the station ended up being bad, and then walk from the bus stop in Ube to my school, was near agony! It took about 1 and a half hours to get to school this morning, since trains were late, and buses caught in heavy traffic.

Thankfully I only had two classes - 2nd and 3rd, so I managed to head home early. That was pretty bad too. Snowing constantly, and my poor feet killing me!! But now I am tucked up in my kotatsu, cosy and am going to vege for the rest of the night!! Yay!! I might watch a DVD.

Am trying to think what to do for the weekend too... Am thinking that staying in is a jam-plan, maybe dinner, drinks, music, movie..? I have been invited to some Noh Drama thing in Ube. I have to decide tonight if I am going. The thing is, it is on Saturday night, which in theory is fine cos I don't have plans. But I went with the same woman last year to a drama thing that ended up being excruciatingly boring, and we were packed into a wee hall (if you can call it that), sitting on the floor for nearly 2 hours!! Not one of my finest experiences of J-culture! Hmm, I shall have to give it all some thought...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home