Friday, January 28, 2005

the end is pending..!

It seems talk is definitely on the winding down of our JET lives... I was meant to write last week about my handing in of the not-recontracting form. So I did, and my supervisor said, "I think it is a good idea"...now for a minute I thought, "whoa, I thought you liked me!" Then I remembered, and it was verified, that my job is changing. If I was to stay, I would have to move to Ube or somewhere to be based in a high school, and I wouldn't be in Asa at all. So yeah, it all went smoothly and it really is scary to think that in 6 months it's all over Red Rover!

It does seem weird to think that I've been here for 18 months. I mean, the time has flown on some levels, but on others it seems like an age since I was in NZ, and it seems like I have been biking to the station, and going to different schools everyday for so very long...

One thing that often comes to mind is how I've been living alone for 18 months. Now I'm not someone that has always needed company, and been a wreck living alone. But I enjoy company. Before Japan, the longest I lived alone for was about 2 months during one uni summer, when I worked up at the lakes. Even then though, I was about an hour from home, and my friends and fam came up over the Xmas/New Year. But, now when I think about how I have been living by myself, it kind of surprises me. I can't even remember thinking how I was in this apartment alone at night...not that I've actually been a scared of people attacking in the night type of person..! Having come to Japan straight from living at home, and uni with another 180, 6, and 4 people respectively thru my 3 years, it's kind of cool to think I have fended for myself, entertained myself and generally been quite content living by myself for this long..!

There are times however, that I wish I did have flatmates, someone to hang out with, chat with, at night. I hate having to cook for one. I love cooking, but inspiration runs dry when you are having to buy the food, cook the food, clean up after it all...without the enjoyment of sharing it.
I'm looking forward to going home, and being able to talk to real people every night, not just by phone, or IM! I will be able to go out easily and visit people, and people can come to visit me easily. I can cook for people, and be cooked for! When I cook a meal at home, and my brothers come for dinner, I won't have to do the dishes! Oh the things to come, and it's only 6 months away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home