Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Up to schedule again!

And you haven't even missed anything exciting from the last week cos I haven't done anything! It has been to damn cold to do anything, so I have been living under my kotatsu. What makes this even more exciting is that I have a new Kotatsu cover, adn it is so cosy!

That was as exciting as the weekend got actually. Louise and I watched DVDs on Saturday night, while drinking a couple of chuhis. On Sunday we woke up late, watched another DVD, went to Joyfull for lunch then went shopping at Marukyu!! I tell you we know how to have fun here in Asa! We decided we'd shop hard in Marukyu too, like actually browse BOTH floors! We did in fact end up buying a few bargains, namely my kotatsu cover, and Louise stocked up on a new duvet, fluffy blanket and electric blanket (bless the child is finding cold). So yeah Asa is well and truly crankin!

Today is my first day back at school. I'm at Ube High, which has grown on me and I now like, apart from teaching with the odd teacher who annoys me... Yesterday I was at the office for the last time in a while, so my supervisor asked me about if I'm going home this summer. Now, I know I am, but I still can't bring myself to say a definite "yes"! I still say, "yes, I think I'm going to go home" with a slightly dispondent edge! I will sign the recontracting for to take on pay day next week, so then it will all be out! It's weird. Of late, I have have been missing being able to hang out and go drinking with my friends at home, and I want to chat on the phone without it costing a bomb, and it always being a catch up of the past month or more. I think that comes with the holiday period. I also miss my friends who left Japan, they should've stayed in Japan!! But on the other hand, I am sad that I will be leaving Japan, and friends here are all going off to their homes (or staying). I am leaving Japanese friends too, which sucks cos there are many people I like here! When J-friends ask if I'm staying I kind of feel guilty for not - but of course not enough to stay! (No Jo, I will not be re-contracting!). Oh well, I am old enough and all that to know that life goes on, blah di blah, and I'll just have to keep working so I can afford to travel the world and visit these people!!

Right lessons to be in and all that, gotta go..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home