Monday, January 17, 2005

This morning I had to get a bus at 7.45am. I set my alarm and it went off, but then I must have turned it off thinking I would get up. Next thing I know, I look at the clock and it's 7.38am!!! Arghh! I jump out of bed and run for dear life to dress and ran out the door! Luckily the bus stop is just across the road, but unluckily it's the state highway (Route 2), and it's a bitch to cross. I had to run across when the lights were red for me cos the bus was just pulling into the stop. Thankfully I showered last night, so didn't feel completely arsy, but nothing like a 7min dash to get to school on time!

Ths weekend I turned down a night out in Fukuoka. Amazing but true. Instead I went to Yamaguchi and met Rei, Rosie, Dan, Christine, Bren and Sarah and later Jimmy. We went to the Picasso Exhibition. It was very good. Heaps of his works, and not all obscure ones either. It's the first time I've been in the presence of a whole exhibition of one particularly famous guy's works. After that we went back up to Hagi, yakiniku-ed and went for a few drinks. It was a very pleasant time. Also for my first time on the JET experience I was in the majority nationality group, well for most of the weekend! Us Kiwis had 50-75% throughout the weekend! It was fun to be able to talk about random shit from home. Also I has a new DVD to watch, lent kindly from Dan, of this new NZ cartoon called 'Bro Town'! It appears to be rather funny, so I can't wait to watch it!

1 Comments:

At 21/1/05 2:58 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

sorry you missed out on fukuoka however i had lots of fun hanging out with you...good conversation throughout the exhibit..PS..copy Louise and treat yourself to an electric blanket..you will not be disappointed! makes getting out of bed in the morning easier if you are sweating under it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home