Monday, January 31, 2005

the Weekend

I'm at school, the right school (!), and thought I'd blog before I have a class. The weekend was a good one, not too strenguous but wasn't all sitting around doing nothing.

On Friday night after work, I went to Nitanda and met Louise, and Zoe, who was back in town sorting out visa stuff, and some J-friends and teachers. It was jolly fun, drinking, eating and catching up. Then at 10.30pm I got the train to Yamaguchi city to stay at Tori's. I had to go to the loo as soon as I arrived at the station, and nearly got locked in for the night! After watching a couple of episodes of Friends with Jenny and Laura, while Tori slept, we went to bed!

On Saturday I went to the EIL English Seminar. Turns out EIL stands for Experiences in International Living. There were about 40 high school students and about 10-12 native English speakers. We were put into 6 teams and then had English games against each other to get points. Paul and I were in the Orange Team, with 5 students. Through skill, speed, and a little well executed cheating we won the days competition to the disgust of Jimmy and Tom!! Honestly I think all us gai-jin got more competitive than anyone else!! It was a really fun day, and I recommend any JETs staying to help out at it next year!

So after that, we had a nabe dinner with the organisers, then Jimmy, Tom, Chris and I went back to Chris' to meet Louise, Tori, Bruce, and John and we drank and played Tekkon! When the others arrived we started playing Mario Bros Racing, and we continued for the next 5 hours! It was rather fun actually, even won a few times! But the party stopped at about 1am. I think it was after I came from 4th to 1st in the last minute of a race, and yelled and got a bit excited! The the neighbours started banging on the walls!

On Sunday, we woke up, sat round, then Tori and I went and met Alex, Dan, Rosie, Rei and Jimmy at Xavier Cafe for lunch. Jolly nice it was. We then wandered around town a bit, had coffee, then it was home time. But that was delayed to as Jimmy and I ended up back at Tori's, and we watched more Friends, and couldn't move..! Then it was home time...end of a jolly nice weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home