Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Last day in Vietnam, and last day in Ho Chi Minh staying at the Red Sun Mini Hotel. The staff at the hotel are so lovely, I would refer them to anyone! It was even a little sad saying bye to the wee guy who was around the most, Vinny!

So, with only Jo, Gerard, Louise and I left we spent our last day doing final shopping, and spending all our money! Well, I spent all the rest of my money anyway! Us girls got in a final bit of sight seeing with going to the Post Office (big, beautiful building, with most of the times on the world clocks being wrong!), and the Notre Dame Cathedral (with tacky nativity scenes and neon lights!).

We met up with Ange and Eve, who we first met on the Halong Bay tour for drinks and dinner. They are friends from Aussie, and honestly cracked me up! It was a nice way to spend our last night, and as we were sitting there, Margarita and Maren, who were also on the trip came by, so it was quite the wee reunion!

At 9.45pm we headed back to the hotel and got our shit together to get to the airport. And that is the details of Vietnam 2004-5!

My thoughts on Vietnam…

  • I liked it.
  • I liked Thailand’s beaches better if I must compare
  • The vendors, shop people weren’t too in your face, generally
  • I lacked trust with the people most of the time, always feeling like I was getting ripped off (sadly)
  • They love to toot the horn of the vehicle like nothing else! I will forever think of Vietnam when I hear a car horn!
  • Crossing the road was a mission, but an exciting one once you got the hang of being at one with bikes/scooters/cars…
  • It is damn cheap, which makes any place a great place!!


I’m sure I have more profound thoughts rattling around up there but will leave it at that for now…!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home