Sunday, October 02, 2005

Yeah, so my last blog was relatively incoherent and rambly, so you are all lucky that I decided not to write another one when I got home from town this morning - it was considered briefly! Was very lucky to have 2 fun nights out in Timaru - probably cos it was the first time in over a year! It was also the start of daylight saving, so at 2am it became 3am and the pubs closed. But when one end of town closes at the other end one bar is still open so we went there. When that closed after dancing around for a while, we walked to the petrol station for a drink (non-alcoholic) then walked home. As I crawled into bed it was 5.55am, but really it was 4.55am (making it seem so much better)! Fun times, but thats the end for a while, must be healthy now until Jo's wedding on December 3rd.

You know in Japan, how you go to the toilet in a bar or restaurant there is always a hook somewhere to hang your bag? Well, Timaru doesn't have that. I realised this weekend, and I miss that feature of a Japanese public toilet. Before we went into town last night, I put Jem and Tans through the torture of my favourite karaoke songs on my ipod. Not all but there was definitely Whitney, Disney and Kylie & Jason! They loved it all deep down! Then when we were at Bar Xcel (I know, cool name), the last bar we were dancing, and they played Tori's "Pour Some Sugar on Me", then "I love Rock n' Roll" - I almost thought they had our Shidax Karaoke CD!

There were a couple of Japanese related jobs in the Christchurch paper this weekend, I don't think I quite have the fluency they are looking for, but I think I'll apply. The other jobs I've applied for recently were all due about now, so I'll be getting responses from them this week I presume...good or bad! And I call WINZ (Work and Income NZ) last week to apply for the dole, and have to go to seminar before they will give it to me! So gutted, and such a waste of time cos it's not like I'm sitting around and planning on living on my dole cheque! So it will be a fun couple of hours on Tuesday...! Thats all for my life update for now...

1 Comments:

At 5/10/05 1:40 am, Blogger Unknown said...

God, I miss Whitney...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home