Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Life...

Feel like I've done nothing, while still feeling busy... I have gone through all the boxes that have arrived. Funny the things I've been surprised or 'natsukashii' to see, despite it only being 6-9 weeks since I packed it away. Some of my Hagi-yaki broke unfortunately, but otherwise all is here. I don't have anywhere to put it all though. I emptied 3 of 6 boxes, and the rest is going to have to go away somewhere... wish I had a definite fixed room/house that I could unpack properly into. Other than that, I have been and sorted out my bank stuff, looked for a car, visited Grandma and semi-sorted out my room.

Since arriving home, there have been a few things that have got me confused a little! One, is the old shoes in the house thing. I'm fine when there is just one person around where shoes inside, but as soon as I'm in a room of people and they're all wearing shoes, I'm so close to saying "what are you all doing!?" Then I remember that it's ok here! The other night (and a couple of times since), I went to the fridge looking for some water. I looked, then I said to Mum, "have we got any water?" As they laughed, I remembered that we drink the tap water here! Oops! Thankfully I haven't been throwing my toilet paper into the bin beside the loo!

I still feel a bit of a fish out of water in some ways, but I know once I get serious about job hunting (or start at all), and get a job I'll feel more settled.

3 Comments:

At 8/9/05 5:24 pm, Blogger Sarah said...

hiya...glad you made it back to the real life. hope you settle in OK.

 
At 8/9/05 6:29 pm, Blogger J-girl said...

Hi Selene! You are re-adapting to your home country much better than I will to mine after my THREE YEARS in Japan. Glad to hear you arrived safely. :)

 
At 9/9/05 3:15 pm, Blogger Rosie said...

Glad to hear you're home in NZ, I am back in Japan after catching up on pies, roast chicken and sausage wrapped in bread. It was so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home