Monday, August 22, 2005

The weekend...

In a rare un-CELTA related blog I will tell you about the weekend.

Went to Ayuthaya on Saturday with Jan, Brett and Brett. Jan is a NZ Jet in Hokkaido, and the Bretts are also JETs from America. The day started really early at 6.30am, and it was nice to get out of the city for a bit. We went around the historical sites there, great weather and not too much time at each place, nor too rushed. The funniest thing of the day was at the old palace ruins site, and as Jan and I were walking along talking about temples in Japan, I said how there is a penis temple in Yamaguchi. She goes, "what!? Say that again you pronounce it weird." So I said "penis" and she laughed again, so I said, "how do you say it?" she goes, "pianist"!! Oh God it was funny! We were falling over ourselves laughing, and ended up looking well obnoxious as we were just going up the stairs to see the buddha in the temple. In our fit of hysterical laughter, we realised on the way back down that we were meant to have taken our shoes off. So not only were we loud and rude, but also didn't respect the no shoes rule! Oops, but honestly FUNNY!

We came back by river cruise, it was so nice. Sat out in the sun the whole way and got a little burn even. So nice not to be cooped up inside studying or out in fumey Bangkok air.

Went out drinking that night, first to Gullivers. Played some fooz ball, pool and drank lots of Red Bull vodkas. Yum yum. The funniest thing - Paul in his drunken state getting totally pissed off at Gullivers, declaring that he will never drink there again. Not only did the person he was allocated to play pool against start before he got there (something that would not be done in England), but they also turned the soccer game 30 seconds before the end!! One minute Pauls happily swaying/dancing in front of the TV screen, and next he's storming across the bar to the counter! Maybe it's an ignorant girls point of view not to think it was a big deal. But poor Paul, went on about it for so long, then the first thing he said in the morning was "I'm never going to Gullivers again"!

After leaving there, Jan, Paul and I went over to Koh San Rd, thinking there would be a nightclub open to go dancing. But there wasnt. Things were winding down, and only the odd bar open. So we got a drink. Jan and I got Mai Tais...they were the weirdest drink ever. Tasted so sweet and horrid, and were so so potent. We both only finished half, and when we got up realised we were both off our faces! So weird. So we all sat in the gutter and had some Pad Thai. Was very yummy. This dodgy 45+ year old Italian even tried to get me to go home to his hotel for the night cos he was alone... I said no, and ignored him. Then he asked if it was because I don't like Italian guys. I said no it wasn't that, I've met some nice Italians before, but I really wasn't interested. Then he left. How lovely to know you can be sitting in the gutter of Koh Sang Rd and get picked up...

So yeah, fun weekend of doing no work! Was meant to on Sunday, but was too tired and when I tried I fell asleep so gave up! Today had my second last lesson. Wednesday is my last. So will indeed be having a few drinks that night. My uncle is in Bangkok for work so am going to meet up with him (and his company credit card..!!) sometime. We're also trying to work out what we want to do for next week... Yay, 4 days left (and 2 of them I'll have no work left to hand in or lessons to teach!) then it's holiday time again!! Yay yay yay!

1 Comments:

At 23/8/05 1:05 pm, Blogger Abra said...

Old foreign men rule! You should have gone home with him!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home