Tuesday, August 30, 2005

In Chaing Mai

Heya, made it through CELTA! Yay! Very exciting to finish and have passed... Got our provisional results today (real ones come in a few months), and I got a PASS. Once it was clear that the guy who was late with most (all?) assignments, didn't do a lesson plan for one lesson and was general so laid back that he could've been horizontal, was going to pass, I knew there was no chance of failing! I'm really glad I did the course, especially in Thailand. I have learnt so much in such a little time, and it was especially good to get really busy straight after Japan - I might even be more prepared to find a job now..!! Though. I still can't imagine being a real English teacher... oh scary!

Paul and I went out for drinks and dinner with my uncle on Thursday... our meal alone cost more than we spent together on food in the 4 weeks! Was yummy. On Friday we went out with the course people, was fun and nice to have a few drinks. I seem to have lost the desire to get really drunk, but in the end it snuck up on me. Those red bulls really kick in. We went to Nana Disco (not as in your grandmother, but as in an area of Bangkok.) it was interesting to say the least... Jan and I were the only gaijin women in the place, and Paul, Brett and Craig were the only guys under 40, didn't have beer bellys or balding! We danced around for a bit. Mocked and laughed hysterically at this guy who was THE worst dancer ever! He gyrated, thrusted, jumped, clapped, shimmied and more...quite a sight!

Got the night train up here on Sunday evening, then yesterday wandered around temples and the town. Its a lovely small city, that has a real holiday laid-back feel to it. Today we went on a Thai cooking course at a lovely wee farm where they grow all the produce for it. We made red curry paste, red curry, chicken and cashew nuts, papaya salad, pad thai, and coconut sticky rice with mango. All so yummy! Will have to make it all when I get home!

We head back to Bangkok tomorrow night, then we are hanging out/ being looked after and run around by a homestay student of my parents' Mum. We will take Paul to the airport then I will stay the night before flying out Friday! Crazy shit man! Not a day goes by when Paul or I don't either say "I can't believe we've finished CELTA!" or "I can't believe I'm going home in ~ days!"

2 Comments:

At 1/9/05 5:40 pm, Blogger Dan said...

Congratulations, when I go back to New Zealand, we can work at the same school. Wouldn't that be fun.

Dan

 
At 2/9/05 6:10 am, Blogger Selene said...

today I found out that I have been spelling Chiang Mai wrong. Oops. Ta Paul!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home