Sunday, September 04, 2005

Today, Tomorrow, Timaru...

Tadaima! Got home yesterday. Spent a night in Bangkok staying with Mum and Dad's old homestay girl's family. Was lovely and they spoilt Paul and I rotten and kept feeding us. Even drove Paul out to the airport on Thursday night and me out on Friday afternoon. The airport was crazy on Thursday night, so it was quick, sad goodbyes to Paul. On Friday, however, it was really quiet! Ou's (the homestay chick) family loved Paul, kept going on about him on Friday. "Paul is a very nice man." "Paul is a handsome man." Paul very enjoys to eat food!" It was rather funny!

The flight wasn't too bad, watched some movies, barely slept and had too much time to think. Of course, worked myself into a minor freak out about not finding a job, leaving Japan and everyone I have been with for the past 2 years!

So I arrived home yesterday, Mum and Casey came to pick me up at the airport and I was so tired, my eyes were stinging with tiredness. Got back to Timaru about 3pm, and decided to go thru the boxes that had arrived, so now I have a huge mess of stuff I don't know what I want to do with..!

Went to Jem's to watch the rugby with Jo, Paul and Tans, was very cool to see them, and hagn out. We spent a good couple of hours playing on Playstation "Singstar" karaoke. So cool, you can do battles where two people sing together and you get points for singing the right notes and all that! so funny! It was almost like being in a karaoke box again! Tans only has two disc though, but I hear there is a 3rd one out so I might have to purchase it one day! I was super tired after the rugby, so I didn't even go into town, but went home to bed.

Bought a new cellphone today. Got a nice motorola with photos and video, so I will try texting people in the UK soon. Other than that, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. Am minorly concerned about the job front...will have to start looking into that soon I guess. Oh, it's cold. I have a sore throat coldy thing starting already. The air is dry so that might be why my throat is that way actually... It's definitely not too winterish though, so spring is definitely on its way!

K, better go, Shaun's gf (fiance) family are coming over for dinner.

5 Comments:

At 4/9/05 8:15 pm, Blogger Dan said...

Hey, welcome home darling. Glad you made it in one piece. I am going to email you soon.

 
At 5/9/05 6:05 am, Blogger J said...

so weird you have only just made it home...don't stress. enjoy your first few weeks at home.loads of time to work!

 
At 5/9/05 6:44 am, Blogger Abra said...

glad you are home safely!

 
At 5/9/05 11:04 am, Blogger Unknown said...

OKAERI!

 
At 5/9/05 4:21 pm, Blogger Selena said...

hey Selene, congratulations on finishing the course! didnt take you long to get back into the karaoke back home :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home