Tuesday, October 11, 2005

For Jenny...

to give her something to do for a few minutes of her day...

Nothing new to report, still unemployed. I went to Christchurch to talk to the recruitment agency on Wednesday. That went okay, did a word, excel and data entry test that went alright. I wish they had my mobile number cos the next day as I was wandering around shops Dad called and said the agency had called and there was a job that was going until December...by the time they got back to me after I left a message, the job was gone! Oh, the excitement of the trip was going to a Japanese restaurant and ordering miso ramen, and the guy only talked Japanese to me, and we just conversed in Japanese. He didn't even question if I could speak or understand Japanese! My pronunciation of miso ramen must be good! It was cool though! Then I realised I must look like some kind of Japan-obsessed person as I went to pull on my book to read - Haruki Murakami, pulled out my mobile with dangly keitai charms (only 3!), and as I walked down the street after I'd left I realised my bag was from Japan too! Oh well!

Anyway, since being back home from my night away I applied for a few more jobs, got contacted by another recruitment agency that my aunty had sent my CV to, got contacted by an agency where I applied for a job. The woman asked me some questions that I wasn't prepared for, so I'm sure I've buggered my chances up there! She asked how much I expect to earn (no idea - something decent!?), why would I be good for the job? It is primarily contact centre stuff, why would I be good for that?... Anyway, she's short-listing and will get back to me...not holding my breath of course! Heaps of other jobs I've applied for still haven't got back to me. Good sign or not?

On Thursday I have to go to have meeting with my "case worker" for the dole! Am a bit annoyed that it only gets back paid to when I applied for the seminar - if I'd known that I would've applied as soon as I got home!

No other news to report... Home and Away is exciting, as is NZ Idol - down to the last two now! Sorry Jenny, I think I've already told you most of what I just wrote! I might try for something different next blog to mix it up a bit..!

2 Comments:

At 13/10/05 3:12 am, Blogger Cinnacism said...

Yay, another unemployed person! You guys are my sole consolation over here in Texas.

 
At 21/10/05 11:53 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwww

 

Post a Comment

<< Home