Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Weekend and freakin' out again!

Had a great weekend, starting on Friday night, I went and saw Yuka, and the new baby - Hina-chan at the Womans' Clinic. So tiny, and cute! She also has so so much silky hair!

On Saturday, I got the train up to Hagi for the BBQ. Crap weather had us back at Rosie and Dan's which I think turned out better anyway! Nice to have the comforts of a house (i.e. toilet, kitchen..) while being able to sit, play and have general banter outside! Lots of drinking, eating, chatting and catching up with people. On Sunday, Paul and I were meant to go to Tsuwano, but after checking the train times from Gerard's it seemed that we'd get there at about the time we thought we'd like to leave at! So plan aborted, we went to a potter's place to buy some Hagi-yaki. The guy had shitloads of awesome bits and pieces. A lot was is his trademark "Seigan (his name) Blue. We ended up buying lots, so went away happy!

We met Tori and Rick in Hagi and went for okonomiyaki before going home. I don't think the okonomiyaki place had ever had so many foreigners thru in one day, with Jamie, John, Tom and Bruce there before us, then as we finished Lauren, Ellen and Dan arrived! After lunch, we waited around for buses and trains to go home. Hagi lovely place - shit to get to and from with public transport!

So, to follow the same lines as Tori's blog (isn't funny that you can have similar thoughts about a blog at the same time!), I have started having my bedtime anxieties again! Last night I turned the light out at 11.30pm, then started thinking about packing and luggage! I already have a suitcase to send, and 2 boxes packed, so I really don't wait to have to send too much more. But I started thinking about how there are still shoes, and clothes that won't be going to Thailand, stuff lying around the apartment still...! I thought about what I would have to take to Thailand, and if it will be overweight. Whether I will be able to carry it all...a pack, a rolly travel bag/suitcasey thing, my laptop, and books for the course...! So then I got up. It must have been about 12.30am. I sat in the kitchen, and started writing a list of things that had to go, and how it had to be sorted- home/Bangkok/throwout! Then I started going through my shoes, and sorted them into those groups! In the end I went back to bed at 1.45am, and went straight to sleep! I tell you, I'll do my head in soon!

I also had my last day at one of my schools yesterday. It was weird, cos I still have about 5-6 weeks of school, but I've finished there. It wasn't so different to usual. I hung out with some 3 nen sei boys at lunchtime while they tried to talk about random shit!? Oh a 2 nen sei guy showed us his breakdancing - very very cool! He could do a back flip, and that spinning on his side/back/shoulders for ages! The class also gave me wee message cards which was lovely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home