Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Birthday celebration weekend!

The weekend was great! On Friday I went to Jimmy's for Neighbours night! We were very excited about catching up with Scott and Charlene, and Jimmy was looking forward to seeing Cheryl! Paul, Rei, Osamu and his mate Ben joined us too. After beer and yakiniku, it was 11.30pm before we started. First and final for the night was Scott and Charlene's wedding - classic! So Paul, Jimmy and I reminised about characters past (Paul knows way too much about Neighbours and it's peopel to be healthy), we relished in the lingo - "stop pashing on you two!" being the most memorable of the episode, and cringed at the mullets, hideous dresses and hair! Meanwhile, Ben and Osamu read mags, and Rei kept fell asleep! So we didn't inflict any more on them, instead we watched hilarious Aussie movie "The Castle". So funny, love that movie!

Saturday, Jimmy, Rei and I hung about, Rei and I made up silly songs as you do lazing about on a Saturday. Then we headed to Hiroshima. Such a weird afternoon cos not once did we have to call anyone to meet at a particular place - we just kept running into each other! After wandering around the shops, it was time for a quick change in Tokyu Hands loos, then off to the beer garden. Ahh beer gardens! I love them! There is no better way to spend the evening than sitting around with good mates, chatting, drinking, eating, and generally having a lovely time! After it closed at 10pm, finally getting out by 10.30ish - oops we got down to the street, and Jo ushered us into groups of four!? So Jimmy, Rei and someone else - I forget (blame the alcohol!), dashed across the road, made it into a tram, and arrived at Molly Malone's to meet Jack Johnson crew (grr), Angela and Ben first! A drink or two there, Osamu took a turn for the worse and was off home, Sarah told some guy I was 21 to get me a shot of something horrid! Jo arrived and Ben declared "She really does have a small face - its not all lighting and magic!"

Left there and Jo expertly navigated us to the Mac Bar, where we stayed dancing like idiots, and what not for the rest of the night! Paul arriving in the swan suit was definitely amusing... the image of it stretched up on his head, and the tutu and his trousers bunched up around his arse will crack me up forever...!! At one point I was outside and I see Paul out the corner of my eye, strutting down the street as a swan...!! Ah priceless!! Angela enhanced her pig outfit by pushing her nose up in pig fashion beautifully!!!

I don't when it was decided that it was time to leave, but we did. Jeanette was hilariously drunk! After finally deciding to get a falafel pita, eating it and leaving for ramen with the rest of us, she'd fallen in love with them! We were sitting at ramen and she whispers, "can I tell you a secret? I realllly want another kebab!" But despite us telling her there were none left, she had to find them! So off she went to get herself a kebab! We ate ramen, dozed and personally I started to feel the oncomings of a hangover!

Eventually we got to the station, trained to Iwakuni. Left Jenny, Laura and Jeanette on the train sleeping in strange positions, said bye to Angela and Ben, then Paul and I waited for the train to Shuto. Slept sprawled out on the train, until we got to his town, and did the walk of shame down the train looking drunk/hungover/like shit past his students! Paul thought it would sound genki if he said big "Hello"s to them - it didn't, it sounded like he was still drunk! Possibly he was! Anyway, we had to walk to his place, and it wasn't the most pleasent of walks, by the time we got home at 8.30am the heat of the day was starting, and it was time for bed. I was asleep by 8.35am I'm sure.

Slept til 3.30pm about, lounged around then we biked to Sanzoku. Paul said I had to go before I leave, and there is definitely a possibility I won't get back there. So we got on bikes and headed off. It was nice, and definitely good for us to be out in the fresh air...until we got to the damn hill, and I started to die! But it was lovely, good food, and such a fun/strange/cool place! Finally got back to Asa at 10.15pm! What a big weekend! I had a great time, with great people! Thank you for coming out with me to celebrate my birthday those who did!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home