Friday, May 27, 2005

Thursday Night Thoughts...!

I just finished watching the movie "Sekai no chushin de, ai ni sakebu", or "Crying Out Love in the Centre of the World". It was sweet, and sad. Subtitled which is all good, though I think I'd definitely got the gist had I not had subtitles.

The movie is a bit of a tragic love story. The thing about Japanese movies (or TV for that matter) that really annoys me, is the blimin' awkwardness between the couple! Honestly it drives me nuts. It's not that I need to see constant making out, sex and smut, but God damn it, if you love the chick/guy just kiss them for F*&ksake!!! Instead they dither around standing a metre apart, looking at each other with pathetic pup dog eyes. Then they inch closer, and their hands might start to fidget, and they will touch finger tips. They continure to inch towards eachother, before they ever so awkwardly go in for the hug! If they are super risque they'll linger with their faces centimetres apart and then press lips (mouth closed of course) for a few seconds, before going back for that smouldering hug!!! Argh! I never thought I'd be wanting actors to get it on so much as I do in Japanese Drama!! I'd tell you more about the details in this movie but I don't want to spoil the "will they/won't they" tensions for when others watch the movie!

One English teacher told me that that's the reason why so many Japanese women like Korean drama, because they are much more romantic! Apparently they like the fact the guys are passionate in them. I wonder what they they think of western TV and movies..? Oh, I wonder what they think of the truly smutty stuff in some movies..!!?

Anyway, that's my thoughts for a Thursday night!

1 Comments:

At 27/5/05 3:33 pm, Blogger Cinnacism said...

Thanks for the summary of Japanese romantic cinema. Sounds like a headache to watch, and now I don't have to! Yay.

See you tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home