Friday, June 03, 2005

This week...

I really have to go to bed, but thought I'd write a quick update of the week. I'm so tired, because I haven't caught up on my all-nighter on Sunday, and keep having long days and late nights!

On Tuesday I had 1st and 6th periods. The worst possible scheduling of classes! After work I went to Shimonoseki for sushi with Jo. I went to Uniqlo first and got a zipped hoodie for 190yen!! Such a steal! As I went for the bus to Karato, I was accosted by Mormons! The only reason I slowed and said hi was cos I thought the blonde guy might have been Jo's 'acquaintance from the week before! Should've noticed the bike helmet sooner! So much like Jo's experience the next day, he proceeded to ask about my religion, and what I knew about the Book of Mormon! I said I was Anglican but not church going...he asked what Anglican is all about. I had to tell him, that I really didn't know cos as I said, I'm not church going! At the end, he asked what my name was, so I told him, and he said "I'm Elder Turnbull". I don't know why I did it, but I replied, "well, nice to meet you Turnbull!" Felt like a right dick then, but I knew his name isn't Elder, so what else was I to call him!! Anyway, got to sushi and the salmon cheese was so so good we had to have 3 plates each! AND it got better with every plate! Great night for sushi!

Wednesday, birthday day. Birthdays in Japan are weird. The day feels like any other day unless people at work know it's your birthday! I left the house at 7.15am, the lovely teacher knew it was my birthday and said happy birthday, which was nice. Had three lessons, then English Club. The teacher had a meeting but said to wait for her and we'd go back to Onoda together. English club were preparing for culture festival, so it was incredibly boring. Then the captain stayed and kept talking. I was getting annoyed cos I had plans to meet Louise and Mrs K for dinner at Nitanda. It annoyed me that the teacher hadn't even considered that on my birthday I might have plans, and leaving school at 7.10pm would be a bitch!! So I got back to Asa at 7.45pm, irritated cos I knew people would have called me and I wasn't home to talk, tired and went straight to dinner. That was lovely though, we ate lots! Oh and found out Asa friend Yuka had gone into labour, so my ongoing joke of the baby being born late, on my birthday was potential going to happen..! She had 4 hours to get Hina-chan out!! I got home to 6 messages, though three were from Jem and Tans! They crack me up! My brother also left a message,and he cracked me up just cos he sounded weird and serious..!?

Today I went to elementary school and did cooking with 3rd and 4th graders, played games, did some gardening and had a minging lunch! Was a really nice day, and sat with a wee guy Sean at lunch. His dad is Israeli, and he speaks English and Japanese. So we chatted away! Such a cute wee lad! Went up to Nagato after school with Kyoko (the teacher I was at school with), for a pretty uneventful look around (Nagato really is quite boring!). Then to Mine for dinner. Got a message at dinner from Yuka to say Hina-chan was born at 11.38pm last night!!! Yay she really did come on my birthday!! One week late! I'm so excited about it! Am going to visit tomorrow night after work! That kid is going to be one cool kid for sharing a birthday with me!!

Now I really must go to bed! So much for a quick, short catch up! Like that would ever happen in one of my blogs!!

1 Comments:

At 3/6/05 3:44 am, Blogger Abra said...

i remember the half israeli kid! he was so cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home