Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Update...

I have left the ol' blog high and dry for a while. No reason really, just couldn't be bothered to update it. Sure things have even been happening but still I couldn't be bothered. So instead I will just update the last 10 days or so in a nutshell...

So weekend before last, Jo, Jocelyn and I went to Tokyo. Left Friday night, arrived in Tokyo got to Roppongi, and ate some food at Hard Rock Cafe. Jolly good it was. On Saturday we went to Disney Sea, good times. Chotto chilly, but once kitted out in silly hats we were happy as Larry! It amused me greatly to see so many guys seemingly happy to be wearing their silly hats or Mickey Ears! Even matching ones with their girlfriends! I find it hard trying to imagine seeing it happening in NZ..!! So we stayed at Disney Sea all day, managed to catch a few moments of Mickey and Co.'s show, went on some rides - the best being the trip to the centre of the earth. We dropped straight down for a bit in one of those gut meeting your tonsils moments! Very amusing! After that we went on the Indiana Jones Ride. I think the fact that I was expecting the same event made the ride better, cos I decided I didn't really want that feeling again, and I was totally thinking it was the next thing to happen around every turn!

We left there, and got back to Roppongi at about 9.30pm, met Paul, got changed, drank a chu-hi then went and met Jimmy for our night of drinking to begin. Good times. Lots of drunken dancing and banter as you do. Then finally kebabs on the way home, some more drunk than others...!

Sunday we slept til after one, and then decided we shouldn't waste the day. So Jo, Paul, Jimmy and I went to Harajuku to search out the freaky J-folk. After being misled, and taking a tiki-tour we did come upon them! Very cool, in a weird ol' way! There was even this little kid dressed up all gothic with her Mum! After wandering and seeing the Rockin' ol' Rock-a-billies, we headed to Shinjuku to meet for dinner with Jocelyn and Rei. Prior to that though, being all shopped out, and alcoholled out, Jimmy and I decided to go and have a soft drink at a pub. The drunkest guy happened to sit beside us (and this is at 7.30pm). Somehow we got chatting, and he didn't get how Jimmy was Irish but his favourite football team is Chelsea!? Then when he got knowledge that we were on JET...he wasn't happy! He continued to say, slurred,"I hate JET"! All rather funny really!

Anyway, tea was eaten at Mexican, well nice, then a drink at a cheap izakaya 3 floors below ground somewhere in Shinjuku before home for bed.

Monday to Wednesday was Yokohama for the JET Returners Conference. Twas interesting. Didn't give the meaning to the rest of my life here on in, as I was hoping but it gave me plenty to think about, worry about, etc. Being in the situation of "what the F*&k am I going to do with my life after JET", it's unsettling to listen to so many people who have their plans, ideas, etc mapped out. Being a Kiwi I got to listen to Auckland's JETAA President speak 3 times (the Aussies got to hear him 2 times, and British and Irish once). Peter's is a life/business/...coach in NZ, and boy did that come across! I have to say by the 3rd time hearing him, thinks did get a bit repetitive, but at least I know I need "Clarity" then "Focus" then "Follow Through", and it all takes the 3 P's - Patience, being Positive, and Put myself in other's shoes!

In between conference hours, where I will have you all know I attended every session!! We went to Chinatown. Nicest one I've seen, ate great nikuman, and so-so Chinese. Went drinking and karaoke with Jocelyn, Jimmy, Rei and Paul. And a bit of shopping too. Good times.

So we arrived at Yamaguchi Ube Airport at about 8pm on Wednesday night. I got back to Asa Station at 10.10pm!!!!!!!!! Oh my God, if there was ever a time I hated Yamaguchi's inaka-ness, it was then! I mean, come on, the actual travel time was 15 mins by bus, and 20 mins by train...you do the maths!

This past weekend I went to Fukuoka to see Cirque Du Soliel's Alegria 2 with Jo, Jocelyn and Selena. Jolly good show ol'chap! hehe! Anyway, yeah it was cool. bit of trapezing, fire baton spinning, acrobatics, freaky contortionism, tumbling, spinning, etc...all the makings of a good circus put together beautifully with great music, costumes and performance.

After meeting Gillian, we went for Indian, then back to Capsule to get ready. Now, since a little before Tokyo weekend I decided I didn't need to be getting so drunk when I went out. I decided I was turning a new leaf in my drinking. That leaf is called "Sensible". It worked in Tokyo, I even had everyone having a glass of water during the night! Then in Fukuoka, pre-going out I wasn't even that interested in drinking! Shock horror I hear you say (and I know which ones are uttering it...!) I was considering not getting the Happy Cock Party Pass even! I did, but I didn't hit it like I would be saving a nation if I drank as much as I could! I was sensible! I really think all this talk about sensible drinking has gone to my head...! Anyway, good night out. Lots of random people, no hot guys, but lots of friendly chatty J-folk! This funny wee guy had us baled up at the end of the night chatting, hand shaking, and hugging for ages! Oh and sexy bouncer was working. That was fun, and such a nice guy.

So Sunday shopped a bit, and then bussed home. That my friends it my past wee while in a blog!

1 Comments:

At 9/3/05 5:01 am, Blogger Selene said...

hmmm slight problem with you calling me this weekend...I won't be home..! I'll call you soon somehow...!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home