Monday, February 07, 2005

Quiet Weekend

On Friday night Louise, Osamu and I went to Shimonoseki to meet the Shimo Crew for bowling. I played like arse, and surprisingly Louise played good!! But in the 3rd and final game, I came thru and had my best game, getting 119! Very exciting!

On Saturday I did house cleaning all day, well at least from when I finally got up! Tomoko, Heather and Louise came over for tea later and I made quiche. It was so yummy, in fact I think it might be my new dinner party contribution! Louise and I watched "Taking Lives" with Angelina Jolie and Ethan Hawke before bed. It was an awesome psychological suspense thriller...very captivating, and made me scream!

So today, we got up at about 12.30, made some breakfast and then lay around again watching "Calendar Girls" - a lovely movie - until we finally decided we really had to get up and go something! So I took Louise for a walk through the wee park thing behind my house, where there is a shrine at the top of the hill, and a lake. On the way home we decided to stop at the cake shop we've never been to. Now I've never known how to describe Asa to people, but the Asa Shiken Gashi Cake Shop have said it all, and it's printed on all their boxes! Let me share it with you:

You get off at the station, standing in the warm sunlight. It is full of friendly smiles and lush greenery. The wind born in the heart-warming mountains travels the fields, along the crystal clear river, slips through the town, and to the brilliant sea. The beauty of nature is glorious. And the harmony between nature and the lives of the people is comfortable. This is Asa. We love this land, and want to live with it. These are our thoughts and feelings as we continue to make our fine cakes.
Isn't that beautiful! Exactly how I feel, and I'm sure anyone who has been to Asa feels the same, right!? I also bet it makes everyone who hasn't been to Asa and spent time here, want to come on down, eh! Well, you are all quite welcome. Please come and feel the comfortable harmony that is ASA!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home