Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I failed...

Yip, I got the Proficiency test results in the paper yesterday, and it wasn't good! I have not had even a sense of disappointment, because I knew that I would fail. Well, actually my listening section results were worse than I expected, but other than that it was no surprise, sadly! There were three sections, and of them I got over 50% in two (you needed 60% to pass the exam). I even got over 60% in one of the sections - just! But the bad section was very bad, hence I failed...miserably.

But not to worry, I'm upbeat, moving on, thinking forward to the next one! I'm going to find a class or tutor when I get back to NZ and do it again in December this year. Over the years I have come to realise that I am not a linguist, in the sense that I learn languages easily. God, if I was I'd be so bloody pera-pera at Japanese, especially after studying for the amount of years I have! However, I enjoy it, so I get by with what I know. I'm know I have picked up more since living in Japan. I know I could do so much more to better my Japanese, so maybe I will. Nothing like a failed exam result to motivate you! Just like the pending exam motivated my last year...even if it was about 6 weeks before test time, and the motivation went steadily downhill..! It is my New Years Resolution to actively improve my Japanese. Being only the start of February, it practically is still the New Year, so it counts. I'm not sure when I will actively start, but definitely soon-ish!

5 Comments:

At 8/2/05 6:01 pm, Blogger J said...

you did far better than i ever could, and if you look it in terms of british marking, thats a high pass!

 
At 8/2/05 7:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i second what jo said. i usually learn languages relatively quickly and i couldn't do anything with japanese! that language be hard nephew. i impressed you were even at a level to take the exam! congrats selene for sticking with it!

 
At 8/2/05 8:14 pm, Blogger Selene said...

who was that!?

And Jo, is 48% a high pass in England!!? But thanks for the encouragement! gamabarimasu!

 
At 8/2/05 9:14 pm, Blogger J said...

i meant the other two results...

 
At 9/2/05 5:52 am, Blogger Abra said...

the anonymous was me! not sure why though. oops!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home