Wednesday, November 16, 2005

NEWS!!!

Was about to blog, but then thought I would call ... cos still hadn't heard from them. But then the phone rang and it was TC. I got a job! As of 28th November I will be a sales and service consultant. Happy to have a job, but apprehensive about the potential of not liking it, or there being too much corporate shit, and targets etc... But then again I've never worked in that kind of atmosphere so I might just thrive!

The other side of it is that I won't be going to UK/Ireland in Feb-April as I first planned. I can't leave this job within 6 months really, and with Shaun and Ann's wedding in Feb 2007, I'd barely be over there long enough to get a job judging by the length of this job hunt! There are some pros... I will save more money, get more experience in a new thing AND people can come visit me here in NZ!! I might try do some English tutoring or something though cos I don't want to waste the money I spent on doing the CELTA course by forgetting everything I learnt.

On Monday I was driving along when I got stopped at a police check point. They just wanted to check over cars. The cop asked when my warrant of fitness was due, I looked and realised I was 10 days overdue! So I said "Oh this month, November." Then he asked what date. It was the 4th, so I decided to say the 14th. Then right when I said it I realised the date was the 14th! So he says, "Looks like you'll have something to do this afternoon then." I agreed, got my licence, rego and breath checked then drove straight to the garage to have the WOF done! I was lucky on a couple of points, one that he didn't lean in and check the due date himself, and also lucky the the date I decided to say was the actually date and not the day after or something silly! Cos really have no concept of dates these days, they all flow into one and the same. Hope that was my last encounter with the police for a while!

4 Comments:

At 17/11/05 1:21 pm, Blogger Selena said...

Hey Selene, Congratulations on the new job!

 
At 17/11/05 5:19 pm, Blogger Turning Japanese said...

Great news on the new job. You're all grown up now. Hee hee.
When is your first day?
Oh... I'm off to Thailand for 16 days with Lauren over Christmas. Yay

 
At 18/11/05 9:34 am, Blogger J said...

congrats!! let me know how it goes
xx

 
At 18/11/05 11:31 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Paul is going to be sooooooooo lonely with the both of us gone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home