Sunday, October 30, 2005

Saturday

It's 12.41am on Sunday morning. I am just home from town. And no, this isn't a drunk post. I didn't drink tonight. Don't even be shocked, or scoff or whatever - I can so go out without drinking and have a good night! It started with Jem and I visiting Tans, then we decided to go for an early dinner. Then I drove us over to Jem's to watch the netball (NZ won). She drank and Tans and I didn't. I was cracking up at everything, I think I had too much sugar in drinks and lollies. Jem straightened my hair which was a novelty, then at about 9.30pm we went to a sports pub to meet Phil (Jems bf). We listened to a band there, and went to the pokies and played a cheeky $2. I picked a machine, and the things were going around and but I asked a chick if anyone was on the machine, and she said nah, nah. So I sat down put my $2 in, and played a bit. Should've realised that when I had barely won anything, but it said $10 on it there was something strange! Then I did win some. So I collected, and then this guy came along, "Oh, hey! What happened to the auto play that was going?" And I looked blankly at him, then he went away! Oops, freaked me out cos it's definitely a major no no to steal people's machine! Oh well, I'm a novice, but I got a good $20 or so out of it. Then I put $2 in another machine, and I kept winning! When I got 3 pyramids I could choose 1 of 5 features to play and I kept winning, then I'd get 3 more pyramids! I was on fire! The machine even run out of $2s!! In the end I tore myself away and got $90!! I realised it was reward for not drinking! Not bad for a cheeky 2 in the machine! After I drove us down town, and we went to the Sail, stood round chatting, played the pokies around, but lost $10, discovered there is a complimentary coffee machine there too! So stoked as I dug into the coffee. I could hear my liver praising me! I so could've stayed out having a bit of a yarn and boogie, but Tans was ready for home, and as I was driving I couldn't well let her taxi home.

So yeah, good night. Even without the pokie win, would've been well happy with the night. As I wrote that story, I thought of Jo, cos I know Jo that you appreciate the detail and rambliness of my stories! But this was a good one eh!

3 Comments:

At 30/10/05 2:45 am, Blogger J said...

hahahhaha, what the hell is a pokey?

 
At 30/10/05 5:19 pm, Blogger Selene said...

pokie machine... you know you put money in and the things go round and different combinations win money... Oh just remembered the name - slot machines. Is that right?

 
At 1/11/05 7:40 am, Blogger J said...

fruit machines?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home