Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Interviews

Today I went to Christchurch for my first interview! Two months I've been home, and applied for so many jobs, and finally an interview. It was for ...- a NZ telecommunication company The job is a call centre 'sales and service consultant' position. The interview went alright I guess... they were very laid back, and I smiled a lot and said what I thought they'd want to hear! I will find out how I got on on Friday I think.

After that interview, I went to a recruitment agency for an interview and testing. It was pretty full on with a visual accuracy, grammar, spelling, and math test (all pretty easy). When I finished I went to go out of the room, and the door wouldn't open. I thought "my God, they've locked me in, how strange and wrong!" I sat back down, and thought maybe they were going to come back to get me. Then I started thinking there was a camera and this was some kind of test! After about 5 minutes, I decided to knock on the door, and I tried it again, but still no opening and no one coming. So I waited more, knocking sporadically, thinking how bad it is that they locked me in! Finally after another 10 minutes or so, I knocked louder, and the receptionist came. She said, were you just knocking? When I told her that the door wouldn't open, we realised that it was sticking really badly! Phew, glad they weren't so weird that they'd lock the door on a client! After that fiasco I did the standard typing, alpha-numerical, and numerical tests. After 4 hours of interviews I was done for the day and drove back home to Timaru. Will let you know how I get on.

1 Comments:

At 3/11/05 11:43 am, Blogger Unknown said...

The bit about it being another test really cracked me up. Can just imagine you, Selene with all those weird thoughts going through your head. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home