Friday, August 05, 2005

Made it through a week of CELTA!!!!

Unbelievable! I feel like I've here so very long, but only a week! I feel so happy to be over with Friday, but I have so much to do in the weekend... Oh well, I'll keep smiling at least for a couple of hours!

So my lesson on Wednesday, I thought bombed. It was meant to be 35mins. and I was finished at 25mins, and had nothing to do. So the surly instructor said we would stop and the next guy continue his part. I sat through Corey's class feeling sick and miserable abotu how bad the lesson had been. Then to my surprise, he didn't tear strips off me in our feedback. Apart from the obvious it was good - "strong to standard" in fact.

Today I had to do a 'guided discovery;' lesson. I had to teach students a grammar point by giving them a reading and a sheet of questions to do that would guide them to discover the correct usage of the grammar - for 50 mins!! I was rather worried, and I of course know shit about grammar. I tried to research the particular point. But in class when students ask me something I so struggled to give a concise answer about why it was one way not the other etc! But anyway, I felt really good about the lesson in general. I generally didn't feel to nervy, and felt pretty relaxed. In feedback he pointed out the obvious things again, and I got "above standard for this stage of the course"!! Surprised I tell you! But he wrote "Relax!" on my form! The first word he wrote when watching me was that! I told him, I felt relaxed! So tell me folks, do I have a nervous disposition? Cos obviously I seem nervous even when I'm not feeling nervous!


Right I'm going, I don't know where Paul is, but seems strange that he's still in his class doing feedback. Think we're going to go out for a drink or two with classmates. Even might get crazy tomorrow and watch a DVD!! Yip we're livin' it up here in Bangkok!

3 Comments:

At 6/8/05 7:44 pm, Blogger Rosie said...

Go Selene! Sounds like you are doing a really good job over there. I am sitting at the internet lounge in Seoul Airport, had Burger King for lunch, was good as you said it would be. Keep ganbatte-ing on and have fun.

 
At 9/8/05 10:19 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy Bangkok, you guys! It's weird not having you around. :-(

 
At 14/8/05 2:04 am, Blogger J said...

good work green,
how about an email next time you are about??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home