Friday, April 15, 2005

Lost

Today I had a new school. Weird eh, as I near the end of 2 years, I have a new school. Stupid cos I'll probably see the students about 3 times and then I'm done...!? Yesterday I had my first day back at Ube High. It was nice, except I arrived before 1st period in case I had to teach then, meaning I had to get the 736am train, to find that I had no classes. But I couldn't leave cos I had to speak with the English club leader to all the new 1st years. So An-chan and I were the first club to speak, rather embarrassing! So I walk up on the wee stage, and these 320 students are in perfect rows, looking glum as all hell! We got thru it without to much trauma, so that was ok. But then I decided to stay and watch a few clubs do their piece. So the Basketball guys get their turn, and they're pretty cool you know. So out behind the side curtain they start whooping and carrying on in that chanty noise teams do coming on to the field or court sometimes! Then they ran in, went into a hundle and did their big team shout or what not! Really funny! But the 1st years, barely budged! The volleyball girls did a funky wee dance - reaction = nothing! The true teller was when two teams threw candy out in the audience. Really quite funny now, cos the dodged it, let the candy hit them, and then let it lay on the floor scattered around them! My God I hope there were a genki few I missed who were sitting near the back!

After that I had English club with the 2nd and 3rd years. They are all so lovely and nice. It's such a joy to sit around chatting with students that enjoy chatting in English, and make an effort to say whatever is on their mind in English. One funny conversation we had was why the sports teams always seem to have girl Managers? I've wondered this a little... The first answer was "because they have to wash the uniforms"! #2 answer was "They have to make the tea and drinks" and #3 was about how they can find a boyfriend or something of the sort! Anyway made me laugh!

So the title of this blog, has nothing to do with what I've just written. I just finished watching episode 20 of Lost. Such a brilliant show. I have to say it could be one of my favourite dramas. Obviously it's in a different category to The OC, but in many ways it surpasses that. And they are the only two dramas I've really had any exposure to in the last two years (except the 6th season of Dawson's Creek, I've nearly seen all episodes - and I'm not ashamed!!). Once I used to love ER, but I haven't seen that for years now. Before I came to Japan my absolute fav was Aussie drama McLeod's Daughters. It was so cool, but with 2 or 3 seasons missed, I'm totally out of the loop on that one! But this Lost, amazing. It's definitely going to be a keeper! Hope they make more seasons...but the sad thing is, I will go back to NZ soon, and have so many other things to actually fill my time with, I might forget to watch it...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home