Tuesday, April 12, 2005

first day at school over. I tried to explain Easter, and ended up doing charade-like clues of Jesus being nailed to the cross on Good Friday, and coming alive again on Easter Sunday to help the students understand more easily! Plenty of strange looks I tell you! Then the teacher translated everything I'd said anyway!

I did some bingo calling too, so that was nice to get me back into the swing of things too! And I also made a classic first day back faux pas (or however you spell that)... a teacher walked along saying she was teaching English 1st and 3rd grade, and I was being all friendly and polite with "nice to meet you"s and "I'm Selene" etc... Only to have her tell me she already knows me from another school! Nice one! Admittedly I haven't been to that school since my first year, but still oops! I usually recognise a teacher when they've changed schools, it often just takes me a while to remember what school it was I knew them from! But this woman, I swear I don't remember at all!

2 Comments:

At 13/4/05 3:40 am, Blogger Abra said...

last year i was supposed to explain easter and i didn't really undertsand what it was, besides the bunnies. do you think they understood the whole crucifying thing, or now just think christians are crazy folk?

 
At 14/4/05 4:34 am, Blogger Abra said...

when i come, we are going to nonno.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home