Tuesday, March 22, 2005

My new 'hometown'...

(Note: I just blogged and it didn't work...not happy about it!)
So today Sanyo-cho is no more. Gone is the little town, made up of little villages. Gone is the town with a shinkansen station and little else. Instead, I know live in the strangely named Sanyo-Onoda-shi. Welcome to the part of a city that is 7 (or more) km away from the actual 'city'. Where there is nothing city-like about the place, except it has a shinkansen station! Ah Japan... So we get a new name and not much else, but please don't let that stop you from coming to play!

Today while I sit at school all day because of bad schedule planning..!, I have been doing the pre-interview task for the CELTA certificate course I am going to apply for. It's really quite difficult for someone who hasn't thought a great deal about grammar in a while! Thankfully the internet seems to have plenty of grammar sites to help me! I know how to make the sentence grammatical, but God knows what the grammar functions are! I also struggle to describe a word without actually using that word in the description! Some will recall a particularly bad game of 'Taboo' I was in last year...!

And how about this weather today in the Guch!? Rainy and cold. Not happy, as yesterday was glorious, when Meag and I went off to Kokura for my hair appointment (it was a success, and no major embarrassments!). I am really hoping it warms up and clears up in the next two days cos I don't want to be giving the grand tour to Ma and Pa in bad weather..!

So sidenote about my hair appointment. I am now convinced that my hairdresser thinks I have no friends in Japan! Everytime I have been, I've been with Meagan. After she left I went alone, the salon staff were like "where's Meagan?" And my hairdresser even used the word "sabishii" (lonely!!). So this time I go, and Meagan is with me! Hmm, so I'm sure they probably think I have no friends in Japan..! How sad is that!!

Ok, I better go, class soon and I just realised I can't write the kanji for Onoda, which I will need to be able to do from now on!! Jaa, ne!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home